By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Oregon Trail pioneering towards its manifest destiny, DSiWare

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/05/11/gameloft-e3-invite-reveals-oregon-trail-for-dsiware/

Oh, Gameloft. You repeated the same mistake Majesco made: You chose to reveal a new game via an E3 invite. As you can see above, the company is working on The Oregon Trail for DSiWare, which could possibly be a port of the company's iPhone game of the same name. You can bet we're planning on checking it out at the show.

Now, if you'll excuse us, we have to spend the rest of the time before E3 not dying of dysentery.

Around the Network

One of the first games I've ever played..classic.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Awesome! x100000!

There can never be enough ports/versions of Oregon Trail. I would love to see this trend of old PC games on the DS continue. Myst, Oregon Trail... what next?

OMG, I used to play The Oregon Trail all the time back when I was in school... because it was supposedly educational and I was home schooled and my mother let us

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

I'll love to see an current gen Oregon Trail... make it more of an WRPG or something.

Around the Network

This is the first good reason I've ever seen to get a DSi.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

finally a good dsiware game

"After you win, son, I feel like going for a ride on your bike, haha." ~Doc Louis (Punch Out Wii)

Awesome. I remember playing that game back in elementary school. Download 1 for me.

"To love and to cherish, in sickness and in health, for as long you shall be resurrected from death in the church"

I'll probably have to get that, assuming it's a decent version. Love that game.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

DaveD said:
finally a good dsiware game

I heard that so far the dsiware line up is lacking good games.