By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New FFXIII and Versus XIII images from TGS

*~Onna76~*,

I'm sorry but all the pics are NEWS for me (20/09/07) ...

WAIT, on gamespot, they are dated 2006 !!!
omg you are right, they are old lol

fuck jeux-france.com lol !

Time to Work !

Around the Network

Jeux-France is not at fault. They are good site. Square Enix is the one that is stringing whats left of the Final Fantasy fanbase along.

Words Of Wisdom said:
I'm honestly tired of CG movies.

This isn't the PS1 anymore.  We're not nearly as limited technology-wise as we were then.  The PS3 is a beast of a machine so I don't understand why Squeenix won't put that beast to work making their game scenes instead of using CG movies. 

CG movies actually make the game look worse in my opinion by making the game look bland in comparison - "This is really awesome.  Too bad the game doesn't look as good."  The PS3 power is there... I hope they use it.

I agree 100% with this.

People stop whining about FFXIII SE cant do same old stuff all the time they have to try new grounds. Even they do wrong stuff they will learn from it. I hope they improve the battle system I liked the battle system in FFXII that was pure fun. They dont have to use that battlesystem but they can atleast skip random battles. I am ok with the futuristic stuff as long as the game is good. Remember that we never had really futuristic game since FFVIII. They can go back to old school in FFXIV if they want to. By not showing gameplay they proof that they have not come far with the game release date late 2009. I really enjoy CGI dont want them to take it away, but if they skip CGI later in the serie I would not bitch about it. The most important thing for me is that FFXIII must have new stuff and good story, not good but excellent story.

I know IGN along with others got a private screening of new FFXIII and Versus XII trailers yesterday.

"I don't believe anyone walks into a game store with $600 in their pocket and wonders what console to buy." -President of Worldwide studios Phil Harrison "Nintendo Wii has been a successful enterprise, and a very good business compared with ours, because it's cheaper." -Sony chairman and CEO Howard Stringer

Around the Network

Some of the pics look great. The motion blur is bad on some of the others.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

They still show CG because the CG cut scenes are developed first. Since SE admitted that not much of the game itself has actually been worked on, they can show the CG cut scenes to keep the hype going.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Yojimbo said:
People stop whining about FFXIII SE cant do same old stuff all the time they have to try new grounds. Even they do wrong stuff they will learn from it. I hope they improve the battle system I liked the battle system in FFXII that was pure fun. They dont have to use that battlesystem but they can atleast skip random battles. I am ok with the futuristic stuff as long as the game is good. Remember that we never had really futuristic game since FFVIII. They can go back to old school in FFXIV if they want to. By not showing gameplay they proof that they have not come far with the game release date late 2009. I really enjoy CGI dont want them to take it away, but if they skip CGI later in the serie I would not bitch about it. The most important thing for me is that FFXIII must have new stuff and good story, not good but excellent story.

I agree that they can't do the same thing all the time, and do have to try new stuff.  New settings should be explored. 

In new IPs.  Not branded Final Fantasy so you can cash in on the franchises name.