By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - LA Noire 360 Exclusivity Announcement @ E3 - My Prediction

If you haven't heard of L.A. Noire then you must be new to this site. Back in 2007, this game was listed in every PS3 fanboy's signature under "Upcoming PS3 Exclusive". Since then, Sony backed out and stopped financing the game. No news or trailers have been spotted, and Team Bondi have kept such a quiet lid on it that some think the game is now vaporware.

That was as of April 2009...  Since then the developer has posted a couple job positions on their website, meaning the game is still in development. But no one really knows which console the game will be released on (Multiplatform or not).

Its being kept secret... but why? Why haven't they announced if the game is multiplatform or exclusive to a console. This is eerly similar to what happened with Star Ocean 4. The game's platform status was kept secret, until it was announced by MS.

I believe the same thing is happening with L.A. Noire, that behind closed doors Rockstar is working on a deal (or already have) to make this exclusive to a console.

MS has mentioned they have aces up their sleeves, and I think this game is part of their deck for E3.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

I agree

This has to happen

your a cool poster gebx

Thats quite a possibility, I mean its Rockstar and its a unique game. But wouldn't exclusivity be expensive? Well actually its hard to speculate on that without knowing the details. But Take 2 need money because they suck at life so perhaps Microsoft could work out a deal.

Tease.

If this does happens it means that Sony dropped the ball...again. I'm not saying that this game is going to be a AAA title but any chance you have in this gen of locking up exclusivity you need to jump on it. Everyone gets on MS case about throwing money around, well I hate to tell people out there that is the way business works.

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus

I don't think so, if they already started developing it on ps3 then the chance are weak....

also there are lots of e3 threads, can't anyone one make an official e3 predictions?

here are mine :
GT5 for ps3 and PC
Gears of war multi
MGS4 or 5 multi

Around the Network
blackstar said:
I don't think so, if they already started developing it on ps3 then the chance are weak....

also there are lots of e3 threads, can't anyone one make an official e3 predictions?

here are mine :
GT5 for ps3 and PC   for PC damn! forget teh Cell
Gears of war multi   free mP online ftw!
MGS4 or 5 multi   MGS4 5 multi is interesting...

blackstar said:

here are mine :
GT5 for ps3 and PC
Gears of war multi
MGS4 or 5 multi

True they started developing on the PS3 first, but Sony backed out early on the development, so it would of made sense for Rockstar to switch to multiplatform. With no financial incentive and the low userbase (12+ months ago), Rockstar would of had to go multiplatform to make a profit.

Wait is GT5 really coming to the PC??

I believe it will be multiplatform, just because they seem to have had some sort of problem with Sony making it exclusive to Playstation. There will likely be an Xbox version, but it's been in development on PS3 for too long not to at least make it ONE of the available platforms.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Well if this is the Ace they claim to be holding onto, it would be a big one thats for sure. I still think it is going to be multi but it could go exclusive if the deal with Sony got so bad that it left a bad taste in their mouths. It could definitely happen.