By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Breaking news: Home delayed til spring 2008

Kaz Hirai just said it at the TGS.

Around the Network

Out of everything reported so far, I knew you'd jump on this as soon as you could.

well tnx for the thorough cover of this story -_-

It was the only new news in his entire speech. Everyone knew about the dualshock. Very unimpressive open for Sony. I'm sure people will call me a hater, but really I can't see anyone jumping for joy after that.

FishyJoe said:
It was the only new news in his entire speech. Everyone knew about the dualshock. Very unimpressive open for Sony. I'm sure people will call me a hater, but really I can't see anyone jumping for joy after that.

I won't call you a hater, it's your style.

It was rather lame...just another opportunity for them talk about how strong the brand is while producing very little.

Around the Network

The games will be shown during the show, not at the keynote.

And yes, a Home delay for a few months is bad but nothing major.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Iam in the beta, delay was expected.

the roll out of new features had been HELLA slow.

I think this is pretty big news, but not a huge blow to Sony. They really need to get a good service up to compete with Sony, and Home was looking like it could do that. This delay certainly does not help, but I think Sony is looking forward to 2008 as being its time to shine (if it can survive in the trenches until then).

Vote for Ron Paul 2008

Only Anti-War and Anti-Taxes Republican

Freedom is a message everyone can embrace!

Sony is taking their time to bring the best products and games to the PS3, and that takes time, i would rather have a perfect product then a broken one.

Nintendo does this all the time, they take 3years to make games that take 12-16months. Its called QA.

GranTurismo said:
Sony is taking their time to bring the best products and games to the PS3, and that takes time, i would rather have a perfect product then a broken one. 

cough*lair*cough

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away"