By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - $30 million offered for Duke Nukem rights

duke has always been huge for older gamers. Younger people may not get it. Im not sure how old you are

infact im about to go play duke3d on xbox arcade now

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:

Oh man 3D Realms is gone???? I remember a few years back when Max Payne came out. I completely wrote off the game because it look pretty unrealistic with the bullet time and all that. I then tried it out on a friends computer and I was instantly hooked. Then I was like oh 3D Realms made this game? I didn't even know. I ended up beating the game at his house a few days before he even got a chance to finish the game himself.

Did Duke Nukem Forever kill 3D Realms?

What the hell ever happened to Max Payne?

Max Payne was developed by Remedy Entertainment. 3D Realms only produced the game.

Ah, I just remembered seeing the 3D Realms logo. What exactly does produce not develop mean. In Wiki they list 3D Realms under developers but state producer. Did they just oversee the creation of the game or write the story?

I predict this will be a soap opera until E03...

At that time someone will announce they bought it.

I think Duke Nukem 3D came out in 1996...I'm not sure when Rise of the Triads came out, but damn if I don't very fondly remember both of these games.

I never hated on 3D Realms for not putting out Duke Nukem Forever, just always hoped that when it did come out, it wouldn't be ass. I think the chances that if it DOES come out now, it WILL be ass, are much higher than they were last week. I'm duly saddened by this news.

(I wonder if Triad would ever make it too XBLA...I guess not now...MORE sadness)

Around the Network
Valkyria00 said:
Wow I cant believe people still care....

Id take the money and run. =P

No kidding. I'm surprised somebody thinks the Duke Nukem IP is still worth $30 million.

After demonstrating for years their total inability to get a game out the door, I feel sorry for anybody who gets persuaded to throw more cash down the 3D Realms moneypit.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

What if all of this is just viral marketing to get people to talk about it. They pretend to close their studios weeks before E3, then at E3 people see a coffin in the middle of the building, suddenly a fist punches through and then Duke emerges from the coffin saying, "I'm back, bitches" and...nahhh, not gonna happen.

matt247 said:
What if all of this is just viral marketing to get people to talk about it. They pretend to close their studios weeks before E3, then at E3 people see a coffin in the middle of the building, suddenly a fist punches through and then Duke emerges from the coffin saying, "I'm back, bitches" and...nahhh, not gonna happen.

lol, best idea ever

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

How could they let it all go down the drain? Must be the worst managed company ever.

3drealms helped Id.. This is the opportunity to help back Id !

Someone !.. Anyone !.. cept for microsoft, sony or nintendo.

I want my pc game, Right on the time. Not gimped.. And epic..
(and not using live for online cause that system is terrible)

Check out my game about moles ^