By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - $30 million offered for Duke Nukem rights

who would ever spend that much on Duke Nukem? Listen I loved those games but I don't think its worth that kinda cash personally. Now if MS or someone bought the whole 3d realms developer that would be pretty cool.

Around the Network
De85 said:

Found this:

http://seekingalpha.com/article/136981-microsoft-to-issue-bonds-will-it-go-shopping?source=yahoo

at n4g. Duke Nukem Forever, X360 exclusive, just wait.

Yay! More vaporware!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First Alan Wake,then Huxley and now Duke Nukem Forever!!

Microsoft needs to buy Duke Nukem.

PREDICTIONS:
(Predicted on 5/31/11) END of 2011 Sales - Xbox 360 = 62M;  PS3 = 59M;  Wii = 97M

mam i loved playing Duke Nukem 3d and especially some deathmatch during classes when it was fairly new game. i hope Duke Nukem Trilogy for DS and PSP will still be released without any problem though.
as for Broussard begging for money to finish the game - good luck. i know i wouldn't give him even 1$. not when they were making the game for so long and every 2-3 year they were announcing that it will be released soon. sell the franchise or go to hell dude within those 13 years we would already have 4-5 Duke Nukem games already.

Shadowblind said:
Dgc1808 said:
I hope this soap opera ends at E3

Well yeah, either he'll be confirmed as being alive or dead.

But either way, Duke deserves to go out as a gaming icon should if neccesary, unlike Sonic's slow, painful and undignified death.

Microsoft would ruin the franchise. It's pc orientated and it needs to stay like that. Furthermore if it has online they'd force them to use live which is probably the worst online service in the pc enviroment.

But this game will need to get finished somehow.

If EA helped them along it could also be good. Concidering how EAs whole attitude has changed after they got that new guy to lead them.

Check out my game about moles ^