By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - MH3 Officially confirmed US/PAL + other unannounced titles

Capcom Developing 9 Wii Games, Officially Confirms Monster Hunter Tri

By Spencer . May 10, 2009 . 11:18pm

Until now Capcom was coy to confirm it, but Monster Hunter Tri is without a doubt getting an overseas release. Their 2008 financial results presentation states Monster Hunter Tri will come out in “FY 2009″ or, in plain English, sometime between April 2009 - April 2010. Monster Hunter Tri comes has an ambiguous summer target in Japan. I wouldn’t expect a domestic release until this winter.

Capcom’s presentation also explains their part of their platform strategy is to “introduce versions of major game series for the extremely popular Wii.” Nine Wii games are planned to ship within this fiscal year. Previously announced titles include: Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles, Spyborgs, Monster Hunter 3, Resident Evil Archives, Resident Evil Zero Archives, and Monster Hunter G which shipped last month.

That gives us at least three titles to speculate on.

http://www.siliconera.com/2009/05/10/capcom-developing-9-wii-games-officially-confirms-monster-hunter-tri/

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network

Neopets and MotoGP were launched in PAL territories this FY :S

So there's only 1 more game to come.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Maybe I'm wrong and those aren't counted, but MotoGP 10 is probably the remaining game.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

Live in hope that 1 of the 2 unannounced Capcom games for E3 is for Wii.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

It probably is the next MotoGP, I wouldn't get my hopes up. Honestly I think that at E3 Capcom is going to announce Onimusha 5 and who knows what else. Maybe MotoGP 10 and confirm MHTri and Ace Attorney officially. But I'm not expecting a new Wii game at all.

And it looks like they are counting MotoGP08 and Neopets inside those 9 games, as both RE Archives are being counted, and they were previously released in Japan last FY. It's probably some PR and twisting for the investors, but they dont fool the gamers.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

VIEWTIFUL JOE!

Oh god, Capcom, please, Viewtiful Joe!! :O

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Interesting. Maybe we'll see the other things at E3.

Not that I don't trust you...

Link?

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

@steven, edit

Yay~!!! (\^3^)/

/Running around like crazy