By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do fanboys give a bad image of their company?

I just don't understand it..........   I have been exposed to massive fanboys lately and it just gets worse and worse.  Why do some fanboys feel a need to insult other consoles?  Only the weak minded would ever join sides with someone dissing their own console.  It would be nice if everyone could use actual facts but it seems more of a kindergarten/middle school insult fight that takes place.  Even with people that try to assert facts it doesn't even matter.  I know we should just ignore these fanboys but it is getting harder and harder to these days.  Every manufacturer has bad fanboys representing them and it is sad that these few minority ruin any reputation for the other fans. 

Around the Network

Ever since the beginning of last year it has been my believe that the fanboys are doing the most harm this console generation. Its alot more potent than people believe.

mM

Ya I know the PS fanboys have been getting rediculous. Ironically I got called a Sony fanboy earlier when everyone knows I like the 360 more. I think the guy was a 360 fanboy though and as we all know the moment you try to say something that they don't agree with your instantly a fanboy for whatever system they got a grudge against. Oh well all we can do is put up with it and try not to encourage them.

leo-j said:
Ever since the beginning of last year it has been my believe that the fanboys are doing the most harm this console generation. Its alot more potent than people believe.

....................., but to address the question, its competition and thats what competition brings. Look at sports, i dont see gamming as any different

sethnintendo said:

I just don't understand it.......... I have been exposed to massive PS fanboys lately and it just gets worse and worse. Why do some fanboys feel a need to insult other consoles? Only the weak minded would ever join sides with someone dissing their own console. It would be nice if everyone could use actual facts but it seems more of a kindergarten/middle school insult fight that takes place. Even with people that try to assert facts it doesn't even matter. I know we should just ignore these fanboys but it is getting harder and harder to these days. Every manufacturer has bad fanboys representing them and it is sad that these few minority ruin any reputation for the other fans.

I agree with you PS fanboys are bad,but 360/Wii ones are just as bad (not on this site tho)

Around the Network

idk why dont ninty fans like rare?

Fanboys should be compared to fanatics. They try to make everything about their company of choice look good and fact means nothing if it doesn't equal their own opinion. Other people are lesser beings and are therefore not worthy of having an opinion.
They see the other companies as rivals and doesn't at all understand that there may be benefits from owning more than one console.
They do everything to turn any news about their rivals machines/games into something bad. They always find something to complain about.

I'm so happy that I'm no fanboy. It must be sooo boring, plus would mean that I can't play Gears with my friend or enjoy Valkyria Chronicles on my sisters PS3 just because I went the Wii way.

I don't think Sony is a bad company just because of PlayStation fanboys. I think they're a bad company because they're arrogant douchebags. :3 I judge solely on how the company themselves act.

tehsage said:
I don't think Sony is a bad company just because of PlayStation fanboys. I think they're a bad company because they're arrogant douchebags. :3 I judge solely on how the company themselves act.

............., and MS and Nintendo are saints?? lol

leo-j said:

I agree....and this will be why Sega will rise again and crush all of you!!! Well it's a nice dream...

Former something....