By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why does everyone think that MGS4 is coming to 360 BY A TWITTER POST!?

@ BenVTrigger )

hey, if you think they are funny that's fine with me - there is enough places where you can have your fun watching them, really

I personally don't think they are funny, no, I think they are annoying and I don't want them to happen everywhere, which is why I feel threatened by people who _want them to happen_ on a scale so large that I can't avoid them.

edit: sry, the last section was supposed to be directed at cactus

@ Cactus )
Moral high ground in my opinion is reserved for people who tried to mediate and de-escalate the situation and not for bystanders who felt some kind of malicious joy from watching the aggression spouted.

Around the Network

@Lafiel

thats perfectly understandable and I pretty much agree. I'm not going to claim I have a high ground hear or anything I'm just a normal guy nothing special. But I just didn't see why people who think its funny should be considered pathetic. After all there is no real harm in fanboy wars. Sure they can get annoying but its not like people are actually getting hurt you know? But yeah I see your point that word pathetic just jumped out at me kinda sorry if I jumped the gun.

i think it will be MGS5 coming to both 360 and ps3 not mgs4

Play Me

If people get so worked up over a twatting Twitter post, it'll be funny to see the reactions if it actually does happen.

Lafiel said:

@ BenVTrigger )

hey, if you think they are funny that's fine with me - there is enough places where you can have your fun watching them, really

I personally don't think they are funny, no, I think they are annoying and I don't want them to happen everywhere, which is why I feel threatened by people who _want them to happen_ on a scale so large that I can't avoid them.

edit: sry, the last section was supposed to be directed at cactus

@ Cactus )
Moral high ground in my opinion is reserved for people who tried to mediate and de-escalate the situation and not for bystanders who felt some kind of malicious joy from watching the aggression spouted.

Do you honesly think that those who tried to mediate the situation after E3 of last year had any success whatsoever? I doubt it. The countless amount of hate threads on pretty much every singe gaming forum should tell you that there's no point trying to make some people understand that games are more important than consoles.

I think labelling me as pathetic because I don't have a problem watching these idiots go nuts for nothing is pretty unfair to tell you the truth.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
The_God_of_War said:
If people get so worked up over a twatting Twitter post, it'll be funny to see the reactions if it actually does happen.

But here's my question, why? Why is it fun to watch "meltdowns", especially knowing that if it happened to you, it wouldn't be perceived as funny. Now some people won't have "meltdowns" if this comes to pass, myself included, but I just don't understand why this gen is corrupted with gamers not just enjoying games and wanting to watch other gamers be upset about anything.

My question: How can it happen to somebody that cares about games over consoles? It can't. Only the biased fanboys have meltdowns, and that's why I don't have any qualms about enjoying them.

@ Cactus )

the success in mediating isn't important, the attempt is important

I'm labeling you as "pathetic", if you: (all of them - not just single points)
- want large scale fanboy meltdowns to happen
- feel malicious joy by watching them
- actually participate with exclamations of joy and small stiches that are ment to further escalate the situation
- feel you are superior human being then the ones fighting
- convey this feeling in talks about how "pathetic" the people fighting are/were

and then I don't think it's unfair to.

@ CGI

You can say the same for the people participating in the meltodwns though. Either way, I think we both agree that meltdowns should not exist in general.

@ Lafiel

Alright, I understand what you mean a lot better now. I sill disagree with you to a degree, but I respect where you're coming from.

CGI-Quality said:
The_God_of_War said:

But here's my question, why? Why is it fun to watch "meltdowns", especially knowing that if it happened to you, it wouldn't be perceived as funny. Now some people won't have "meltdowns" if this comes to pass, myself included, but I just don't understand why this gen is corrupted with gamers not just enjoying games and wanting to watch other gamers be upset about anything.

I didn't mean "ha-ha" funny, just funny that some people make such a big deal out of it. Like the whining by PS3 fanboys if it did happen or the gloating by 360 fanboys who don't even want the game, they just want to rub it in. All over a mere game, it's just silly if you ask me.

yeah personally I wouldn't be laughing out of malicious joy over one side getting hurt. I just mean its funny to see both sides get so worked up over something so rediculous. Not because I want either side to lose/win a fanboy victory but its just funny that both sides seem to be so attatched to such a small issue like multi-plat you know?