By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - A port/multiplatform announcement at E3 is not a Megaton.

It really isn't a Megaton if it's a LATE port as well.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

It's a megaton if I have to wait now for the 360 version to be done so I can play my game. But, I already have MGS4, i could care less.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Valkyria00 said:
outlawauron said:

But it wouldn't. It has been predicted for around 3 years now. It at least has to be a surprise.

And I don't see how Nintendo announcing another Zelda or Sony announcing Trico is a megaton for the same reason. We all expect it to happen.

Wrong. With the current Wii situation and the first true Wii Zelda. Zelda for Wii would be huge.

Of course another Zelda is gonna happen same way another Halo is gonna happen. Doesnt stop it from being a huge announcment. Especially since no one knows when to expect these announcements.

A huge surprise announcement is a megaton. Zelda Wii at E3 would be big and a surprise.

How is it a surprise though? People have even been including in their lists for filling up the upcoming Wii exlcusive lists. It was also predicted to be announced at E3 08. Again, I'd be surprised for them to not show it.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Valkyria00 said:
outlawauron said:

But it wouldn't. It has been predicted for around 3 years now. It at least has to be a surprise.

And I don't see how Nintendo announcing another Zelda or Sony announcing Trico is a megaton for the same reason. We all expect it to happen.

Wrong. With the current Wii situation and the first true Wii Zelda. Zelda for Wii would be huge.

Of course another Zelda is gonna happen same way another Halo is gonna happen. Doesnt stop it from being a huge announcment. Especially since no one knows when to expect these announcements.

A huge surprise announcement is a megaton. Zelda Wii at E3 would be big and a surprise.

How is it a surprise though? People have even been including in their lists for filling up the upcoming Wii exlcusive lists. It was also predicted to be announced at E3 08. Again, I'd be surprised for them to not show it.

o.O huh? and underlined

Exactly. people predicted but were wrong. You know tons of people do not expect it to be at E3 right? Fans are hoping and others dismiss it completly especially due to Spirit Tracks. Peopel predict shit all the time and it dont happen. Just because people want it and predict it (and are wrong) does not stop it from being a big.

Valkyria, you can't be serious. "Megaton" announcements are about people's reactions to them, and nothing else. FFXIII on the 360 was one of the biggest megatons in years, and that it would be topped by pretty much any kind of "surprise" this year borders on the absurd.

Granted, a Zelda game would be a megaton, in all likelihood, but that's only because people would react to it that way. MGS4 on the 360 might be a megaton - FFvXIII might too. It depends on how people react.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:

Valkyria, you can't be serious. "Megaton" announcements are about people's reactions to them, and nothing else. FFXIII on the 360 was one of the biggest megatons in years, and that it would be topped by pretty much any kind of "surprise" this year borders on the absurd.

Granted, a Zelda game would be a megaton, in all likelihood, but that's only because people would react to it that way. MGS4 on the 360 might be a megaton - FFvXIII might too. It depends on how people react.

An already announced game is still coming also to another system. I fail to see how thats a big deal....except like I said for the Rtard fans.

Valkyria00 said:
Khuutra said:

An already announced game is still coming also to another system. I fail to see how thats a big deal....except like I said for the Rtard fans.

What you see as a big deal has absolutely nothing to do with what merits a "megaton" announcement.

Khuutra said:

excacly, stealing FFXIII was such a schocker, no one expected it including me, now we all expect MS to do it again, so the reaction is more which game?

And once again i feel like we are expecting way too much for E3.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Khuutra said:

See, after FF13 to 360, I don't think either would be a megaton.

Again, everyone has predicted for MGS4 to go PS360 when the special version comes out.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Khuutra said:

See, after FF13 to 360, I don't think either would be a megaton.

Again, everyone has predicted for MGS4 to go PS360 when the special version comes out.

Versus XIII might, since it was stressed again and again to be PS3-exclusive.