By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - what game should i get killzone 2 or halo 3?

Halo 3 is boring to me and it have too many kids playing it. I like KZ2 better.  The online is just awesome.  It would be best to play both and see which one you like better or if you have the money just get them both.  If you like Halo 3 get it but I still recommend you get KZ2.  To me KZ2 is just a better game.

Around the Network

Resistance 2 is the best shooter so far this gen. End of thread!

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

yo_john117 said:
infamous8 said:

When playing KillZone2, it feels like you're part of an actual WAR.

When playing Halo3, it feels like I'm part of a cartoon.

No offense to Halo fans. Just my opinion ladies and gents.

EDIT: I should also add that the online community is much better in KZ2. Too many little kids playing Halo3 yelling with their pre-pubescent voices over the mics. Terrible.

That is not true. You find on average one anoying person per match but you can mute them so big deal.  But don't worry its a common misconception from people that have never played halo online...

Besides normal people play Halo with their friends so they don't have to worry about little kids

For him to even say KZ2's online in terms of interaction with other players and usable nature compared to Halo 3, is a joke. Halo 3 holds the ring for top online console shooter.

C_Hollomon said:

Halo 3 is boring to me and it have too many kids playing it. I like KZ2 better.  The online is just awesome.  It would be best to play both and see which one you like better or if you have the money just get them both.  If you like Halo 3 get it but I still recommend you get KZ2.  To me KZ2 is just a better game.

Bet you money a professional FPS player would choose Halo 3 over KZ2.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
C_Hollomon said:

of course.  it's easier to win at halo3 if you are good at fps.  i watched the cyberathelete championships the other day, and it was on unreal tournament.  that's the kind of game that the pros play...which is halo.  i'ved played fps from day one, but i had to remake my style to be good at kz.

so once again you raise a questionable, and vacuous, point.

art is the excrement of culture

Around the Network
uber said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
C_Hollomon said:

of course.  it's easier to win at halo3 if you are good at fps.  i watched the cyberathelete championships the other day, and it was on unreal tournament.  that's the kind of game that the pros play...which is halo.  i'ved played fps from day one, but i had to remake my style to be good at kz.

so once again you raise a questionable, and vacuous, point.

Nothing is ever as easy as you claim when you're playing against humans, no matter what game. Halo is loved by professionals because it intergrates third person and vehicle combat beautifully.

People that are trying to compare Killzone 2 to Halo 3 have got to be having a laugh surely?

Apart from the fancy graphical effects Killzone 2 is PANTS hence why I took mine back for a full refund after a week,

Halo 3 is where the fun, features and enjoyment is, no other console FPS has such a diverse and always full community online, no other FPS offers anywhere near what Halo 3 offers as an overall package FACT!

Get back to me when you can find a FPS on the PS3 which offers everything Halo3 does (splitscreen, co-op, forge, replys, photos, blar blar) and more....

P.S, I wouldn't try and argue against S.T.A.G.E, he knows a LOT about FPS and Halo, you'll make yourself look VERY stupid trying to go head to head against him like many have already done in this thread lol

he may indeed know quite a bit about halo, but i ain't exactly new to fps. i think i'll be fine. and so far i've not been impressed.

FKNetwork said:

People that are trying to compare Killzone 2 to Halo 3 have got to be having a laugh surely?

Apart from the fancy graphical effects Killzone 2 is PANTS hence why I took mine back for a full refund after a week,

i could say the same thing about halo.  my friend who is an xbox fanatic was so excited to get halo3.  i came over to check it out with him.  the mp was pretty fun alright.  it felt a bit like timesplitters, but with vehicles.  apart from the new vehicles playing it was just like playing halo2...a last gen game.  we game the coop campaign a try, and after 15 minutes i looked over at my friend and gave him a "wtf is up with this game" look.  he said, "yeah this boring me too." and we turned it off.

now i've heard it gets better, but this halo3 for god's sake.  what possible excuse is there for being so bland and boring from jump?

at least killzone drops you in the meatgrinder at start and never lets you out.

Well, the only way you could have a choice between both is if you have both a PS3 and a 360, and if that's the case I can't for the life of me see why you wouldn't get both.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...