By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Arc Rise Fantasia - NA Boxart.

O-D-C said:
^ then how would you know to buy it?

Um... by educating yourself.  I would like to think that the people that spend time posting on forums about games have at least the decency to put themselves above mainstream stereotypes of buying on of title and box art appearances.

Although I do agree that box arts do mean a lot to me, I own WAY WORSE box arts for games than this.  It's mediocre at best but there is a hell of a lot worse out there.

Around the Network
Zucas said:
Well can't say it is great but it's not bad either. Not to mention, I find it funny everyone in here acting like they are some professional artist and able to critique and find what's wrong with every box art ever posted. Seriously guys, you have no idea what is or isn't wrong and simply going off your own personal perception fueled by society's stereotypes. Basically, worthless. But everyone has to have an opinion I suppose.

Personally I can't tell ya if it was the right direction but I'm sure it gives enough of a generic RPG box art appeal to the people that will probably buy it.

You answered why we're posting. Some think it's bad, some think it's good. We're no professional designers, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't comment on what gets sent our way.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Zucas said:
Well can't say it is great but it's not bad either. Not to mention, I find it funny everyone in here acting like they are some professional artist and able to critique and find what's wrong with every box art ever posted. Seriously guys, you have no idea what is or isn't wrong and simply going off your own personal perception fueled by society's stereotypes. Basically, worthless. But everyone has to have an opinion I suppose.

Personally I can't tell ya if it was the right direction but I'm sure it gives enough of a generic RPG box art appeal to the people that will probably buy it.

You answered why we're posting. Some think it's bad, some think it's good. We're no professional designers, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't comment on what gets sent our way.

Yes you should comment on whether or not if you like it or not.  But talking as if you know how to make it better or worse is just people speaking out of their ass.

Words Of Wisdom said:
Valkyria00 said:

Reminds me of Elemental Grade for some reason.

Reminds me more of her:

(DO NOT WATCH IF YOU'VE NOT SEEN EUREKA 7)

The blonde kid reminds me of Howl from Howl's moving castle a bit.

Not bad.

Around the Network

I like it. Though I like the japanese boxart even more.

Not bad. I like it.

The Japanese box art is pretty cool as well. imo, they're both plenty typical though.

Person 1: Does Valkyria Chronicles have trophies?
Person 2:  No.
Person 1: Forget it. I'm not buying it.
Person 2: Wait! It's amazing! Unique, charming, drop dead gorgeous... Hello?

at first glance, its alright, but i agree with smokehostage, the yellow haired dude (which apparently isnt a girl) looks like a complete douche, yuck.

plus, the blurry background is starting to fuck with my eyes :/

^
I actually love the crystal blur looking stuff in the background.

^^ i did too, i think its cuz im tired