By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 360 mmo game Champions Online, could make the jump to PS3

Champions Online dev talking with PS3 studios

Currently PC and 360-only MMO could make the jump to PS3

cvg.co.uk

Cryptic Studio's Champions Online MMO is currently down for a PC launch on July 14 and on 360 some time after that. Is a PS3 version out of the question? Not according to the game's executive producer, Bill Roper.

"I'd love to have us release on every platform conceivable," said Roper when asked if PS3 fans might get a slice of the MMO pie.

"At this point, I'm sure it's all about figuring out how to make an MMO model work on consoles," he told CVG.

"The 360 is basically a PC in a box, right? So it's a lot easier to do that. The PS3 is a whole different development platform, but we've been talking with PS3 development teams who can at least do the engine conversion. It's something we've been exploring. I know everybody in the team would be ecstatic to get the game out everywhere we can, because the more players the better," he told us during a recent interview.

The Cryptic Studios developed game, which is based on the popular pen-and-paper Champions RPG, will put total customisation, from the look and size of the hero to the story and their nemesis, at your fingers when it releases on July 14 on PC.

--------------------------

sounds like a decent game would be great if it also comes out on ps3. alongside dc universe and the agency, ps3 users would have a good choice in an mmo game.

if only angel love online and maple story made it over to western PSN

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

Interesting.

PS3 users get DC Universe, if had to pick one of the two I would pick DC. Of course I won't have that choice so I am just looking forward to Champions.

My money says that this game never appears on any console, ever.

''pc pay'', ''xbox live pay'', ''ps3 free'' buy the ps3 vertions boys,..

''Halo reach''.. sell 7.m first week ,Believe¡¡¡¡¡¡

Around the Network

DC universe online looks far more interesting in my opinion.

badgenome said:
My money says that this game never appears on any console, ever.

this, In fact, from my time with the game I'm pretty sure it's going to bomb.

point x said:

hate to break it to you, but as this is an mmo, your going to have to pay even on the ps3, sorry to bust your mojo there...

gergroy said:
point x said:

hate to break it to you, but as this is an mmo, your going to have to pay even on the ps3, sorry to bust your mojo there...

Dc universe ist free ..M.G.A is free,..all type of ''on line game'' in ps3 is free,..   bust your mojo there

''Halo reach''.. sell 7.m first week ,Believe¡¡¡¡¡¡

DC Universe is gonna be free? Must be using the Guild Wars model. Interesting.