By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best and Worse final fantasy endings

Well for me 9 has to be the best, simply because they actually showed what happened with all the characters at the end and other than the earlier FF's that showed this, this had FMV's and plus the game just makes you fall in love with the characters so the ending following it is just great. as far as the worse well 8 made me so fucking mad, yeah at the very end you see squall and ronoa kiss but beyond that, the ending blew sac, i was heavily dissapointed. never played 5, 6, 10, or 12 so i dont know how those go, but i bet 6 rocked some worlds.

Around the Network

Wow, 8 was probably my favorite ending, and I never got into 9 enough to even beat it fully so looks like we're two different people :)

can't really recall any other memorable endings IV and VI had really good gameplay but the fact that I can't think of what their endings were like having beaten both games is a testimate to the fact that the endings didn't have that much effect on me.

Currently dreaming of: DKC4 or Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (classic 2D platformers) for WiiWare, Smash Bros. for DSi, New Super Mario World for DSi, a Wii remake or true sequel of Final Fantasy Tactics.

One down, hopefully more awesomeness to come.

man i would have thought x was a good ending....till x-2 came out....wtf....they really wanted the super happy ending so much...

btw i hated ffxii ending...it was just gay

FF8 ending i kinda liked....

I barely remember the endings... seemed like 4 was decent (and long) but the rest escape me...

Better question: which FF game had the longest ending?

best ff8

worst ff12 (what?? she was in love with balthier???) and ffx-2(that ending needs more sex and more kissing or something)

Around the Network

Best FFVII
Worst FX-2

Best was FFX by a MILE. I actually cried, no joke lol. (X-2? What's that? Never heard of it)

Worst was FFVII. What a ripoff. I wanted to say 9 because I didn't like the game very much, but the ending actually wasn't too bad...

peshkavus said:
Best FFVII
Worst FX-2

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_X-2

Best: FFVI
Worst: FFX

Also, FFVIII did have a pretty good ending, a little more abstract, which probably explains some of the dislike towards it.

SPOILERZ!

Best: Final Fantasy IX

I literally jumped up and clapped whenever Zidane was still alive and Garnet ran to him. Woo!

I'd mention FFX as a runner up. I shed a tear during Yuna's speech.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.