By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii's lack of headset thus far....WTF?

I'm a 31 year old cop. I'm ashamed to admit to my friends I have a Wii, much less try to exchange friend codes for "Super Puffball Adventures in Candy Town II".

I just want to play online with somebody. If we have fun, I would like to play against them AGAIN!! Why does Nintendo make this so impossible?

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
I'm a 31 year old cop. I'm ashamed to admit to my friends I have a Wii, much less try to exchange friend codes for "Super Puffball Adventures in Candy Town II".

I just want to play online with somebody. If we have fun, I would like to play against them AGAIN!! Why does Nintendo make this so impossible?

Wow, I'd be ashamed to tell friends I have Super Puffball Adventures in Candy Town II also. Try out something like Mario Strikers Charged. Pretty insane game, takes skill. Oh, and you don't have to use friend codes to play online.

I don't care to hear the trash talk online, It just really ruins the experience. But I would like to talk with friends. So maybe what Nintendo could do, is make it that you can only talk with those that you've exchanged friend codes. That'd make me happy.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

To be honest, frat boys and very annoying "1337" wannabes make me want to throw the headset down.

Little boys who sound like girls over the mic as they scream "PWND" and various obscenities usually just amuses me hehe. And a lot of the time, if you tell the kid to shut the hell up, they get scared and listen. The ones that blare garbled music over the mic I can't stand though...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:
To be honest, frat boys and very annoying "1337" wannabes make me want to throw the headset down.

Little boys who sound like girls over the mic as they scream "PWND" and various obscenities usually just amuses me hehe. And a lot of the time, if you tell the kid to shut the hell up, they get scared and listen. The ones that blare garbled music over the mic I can't stand though...

Back when my Xbox was in use I actually did break 2 headsets in anger.  Not because I was being killed, but because prepubescent tweens and retarded high school kids and frat boys pissed me off so much that I literally ripped one headset off and snapped it in one hand.  I don't know if it's any different on the 360, but the vast majority of Xbox Live Halo 2 players were retarded little kids or ass hole 1337 teh ubar awesome frat retards and by the time I had broke the second headset (which I pulled in half) I had no desire to use a headset in that game ever again. 

Before I got Halo and Halo 2 I was used to PC games... I was used to respectful and organized team chating.  I had no clue that there were that many complete idiots in the world.  So, to wrap up this long rant of hatred of mine: I couldn't give two shits if there is voice chat in random matches.  I wouldn't use it anyway.  Halo 2 killed any chance of me every putting on a headset in a console game again.  That said, I would like the option of being able to use one in FC matches.  Usually, since my computer is right by my TV, I just plug in a headset and talk over the internet that way.  However, I understand that not everyone has that option, and it would be great if Nintendo released a headset for FC matches.

Do you know what no headset does for me. No uncomfortable silences when I just want to play a game. I don't want to feel like I have to make conversation when I'm kicking someone's ass or getting beat to a bloody pulp. Besides, it gives us something to talk about in the real world.

Around the Network

TF2 reinstated my faith in online chatting...chatting in PC games is for telling people what to do, where to go, and of course laugh it up with your teammates. Taunting in TF2 is fun...oh man.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:
TF2 reinstated my faith in online chatting...chatting in PC games is for telling people what to do, where to go, and of course laugh it up with your teammates. Taunting in TF2 is fun...oh man.

Yeah, I have no problems with PC games still... though FEAR started feeling a little too close to Xbox Live for comfort. I stopped playing that one because of that. Honestly though most online console gamers have no idea how to have respectful and productive conversations in a game, and I am tired of being called a "gay n***er" by 10 year olds. I doubt it would be much different on Brawl if there was random match voice chat, and I don't really care to find out.

Edit: Speaking of which, I should point out that one of the reasons I've been enjoying Warhawk on my friend's PS3 so much is because the voice chat is nothing like what I experienced with Xbox Live.  The gamers are respectful, they work in teams, come up with strategies, and the prepubescent teens and asshole frat boys are few and far in between.  I'm still probably getting a 360 first because it has more games I want, but I'm probably not going to be paying for Live.

Planetside was great with Voice Chat using TF2.
In team games Voice chat really adds to the game. I think it would be great with MOH: H2, but you should only be able to chat to your own team mates.

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"

Well duh...games with voice chat for both teams completely changes the game dynamics. Telling the enemy what you're doing can be fun sometimes, but not all the time of course hehe.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

naznatips said:
BenKenobi88 said:

Yeah, I have no problems with PC games still... though FEAR started feeling a little too close to Xbox Live for comfort. I stopped playing that one because of that. Honestly though most online console gamers have no idea how to have respectful and productive conversations in a game, and I am tired of being called a "gay n***er" by 10 year olds. I doubt it would be much different on Brawl if there was random match voice chat, and I don't really care to find out.

Edit: Speaking of which, I should point out that one of the reasons I've been enjoying Warhawk on my friend's PS3 so much is because the voice chat is nothing like what I experienced with Xbox Live. The gamers are respectful, they work in teams, come up with strategies, and the prepubescent teens and asshole frat boys are few and far in between. I'm still probably getting a 360 first because it has more games I want, but I'm probably not going to be paying for Live.

Heh, I didn't even realize there was mature (meaning respectful) online chatting. All the experience I have is with Halo 2 on Xbox Live. I thought all there was, was the infantile trash talk.

Edit:  Unless I'm playing friends on Halo anymore, I won't use the headset.  Makes it far more enjoyable. 

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)