By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii Music has sold 2.65 million

Good it deserve it after all those piss poor reviews it got by people it wasnät even target at.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network

Seems to be some uncontrolled hate flying around and I cannot for the life of me understand why.

Wii Music has delightfully subtle controls, a steep learning curve and real satisfaction in mastering it. Its graded so that with practice nearly anyone get get something out of it and it repays amply the dedication you put it.

More than any other game I have played it is a hardcore game in a seemingly casual wrapper, which is perhaps why so many people fail to understand it or fail to play it for long enough to understand it. Or to understand that if the result sounds bad it is the player's fault and not the game's.

Really. So if you've played it and it didn't sound good it doesn't mean the game sucks. It means you suck at it.

But then, to appreciate that you need some humility. Wii Music is good at teaching humilty.

Naum said:
Good it deserve it after all those piss poor reviews it got by people it wasnät even target at.

Just cause a game is not "aimed" at you, does not excuse it from sucking.

phisheep said:
Seems to be some uncontrolled hate flying around and I cannot for the life of me understand why.

Wii Music has delightfully subtle controls, a steep learning curve and real satisfaction in mastering it. Its graded so that with practice nearly anyone get get something out of it and it repays amply the dedication you put it.

More than any other game I have played it is a hardcore game in a seemingly casual wrapper, which is perhaps why so many people fail to understand it or fail to play it for long enough to understand it. Or to understand that if the result sounds bad it is the player's fault and not the game's.

Really. So if you've played it and it didn't sound good it doesn't mean the game sucks. It means you suck at it.

But then, to appreciate that you need some humility. Wii Music is good at teaching humilty.

They game should be something you get in a Happy Meal. Actually i've had more fun with the toys in happy meals.

NES said:
phisheep said:

They game should be something you get in a Happy Meal. Actually i've had more fun with the toys in happy meals.

And that's fine. Wii Music and Happy Meals have different demographics.

Around the Network

I like it quite a bit, but the wrapping, so to speak, is just too casual, and above all, kiddy.

Graphics and design aside, it would have been vastly better to include more classical tracks rather than that kindergarden stuff. Or at last have those as DLC.

People really shouldn't be enjoying themselves.

Especially if it is with something I don't approve of.

I see the flow of bitter tears has returned with a vengeance. I don't know where I'd get my midnight giggles from if these people ever grew up.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ClaudeLv250 said:
I see the flow of bitter tears has returned with a vengeance. I don't know where I'd get my midnight giggles from if these people ever grew up.

Same here, Claude, except I grieve more than giggle. It's the same people who loudly and excruciatingly demand innovative gaming who equally loudly and vigorously spurn it when it shows up.

I think they are confused about which  way is up.

Take tha Killzone 2! I kid, I kid.

I don't see why anyone should have a problem with Wii music. When I first learned about the Wii's control scheme this is the game I immediately thought they should make. In the words of a wise man, if they'd called it Super Mario Orchestra you wouldn't be complaining, you'd have bought it already.

"Now, a fun game should always be easy to understand - you should be able to take one look at it and know what you have to do straight away. It should be so well constructed that you can tell at a glance what your goal is and, even if you don’t succeed, you’ll blame yourself rather than the game. Moreover, the people standing around watching the game have also got to be able to enjoy it." - Shiggy

A Koopa's Revenge II gameplay video