By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Yaho and the Ha-Ha HD Wii article

Oh my....

Assuming, that is, you believe leading industry analyst Michael Pachter of Wedbush Morgan Securities, who predicts that we won't be seeing the next generation of home game consoles for about four more years.

"We do not expect the 'next' generation to begin before 2013, if at all," he said in a newsletter. "We remain convinced that the publishers will resist the introduction of any video game hardware technology that requires a refresh of software, as the publishers have as yet to capitalise on the immense investments made in being competitive in the current cycle."

However, Pachter makes one rather large exception: the long-awaited HD version of the Nintendo Wii, which he believes could hit shelves in 2010. Despite its runaway success, the Wii is relatively underpowered compared to the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 and remains the only one of the three that doesn't support HD TVs. While it might not change the system's power limitations, the ability to output in HD would at least close the gap a bit.

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/plugged-in/analyst-hi-def-wii-in-2010-next-gen-won-t-start-until-2013/1311594

Why people put a microphone near Pachter?

Around the Network

Why do people place a keyboard to self-proclaimed journalists with no logic?

The world may never know...

Explanation of sig:

I am a Pakistani.....my name is Dan....how hard is that? (Don't ask about the 101...apparantely there are more of me out there....)

Because he is a friendly person and fun to talk with?

Why is he so much on Gametrailers Bonusround? Because people like to see discussions with him etc.

He is kind of a respected person in the industry.

pakidan101 said:
Why do people place a keyboard to self-proclaimed journalists with no logic?

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?

The world may never know...

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Yahoo??

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahah

Around the Network

Because the media is bored, and any sensational story is a good one :P

That said - I do think Nintendo *could* release a WiiHD - exactly the same hardware, just with an upscaler and better texture filtering. Whether they want to... who knows.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Pachter was on Gametrailers Bonus Round not too long ago, and he actually made a lot of sense. While suprising, after that segment I actually respected him a bit more.

http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/bonusround/303 - The first part.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

shams said:
Because the media is bored, and any sensational story is a good one :P

That said - I do think Nintendo *could* release a WiiHD - exactly the same hardware, just with an upscaler and better texture filtering. Whether they want to... who knows.

I'm wondering if that would be possible with a dongle. Like a little thing you plug in to the signal out port, select "1080p/1080i/720p" on the dongle, then it would automatically upscale to the selected resolution.

Easier than putting out expensive, pointless hardware.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Lostplanet22 said:
Because he is a friendly person and fun to talk with?

Why is he so much on Gametrailers Bonusround? Because people like to see discussions with him etc.

He is kind of a respected person in the industry.

Points one and two are correct. Point three...not so much.

Have you seen the screen shots of the upscaled Wii games on a Wii emulator? They look great.