By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Qore grants access to Uncharted 2 multiplayer beta

Vetteman94 said:
windbane said:
KylieDog said:
The BETA system is a joke.

Every beta I have been on is full of retards who treat it like nothing more than a demo, a vast majority don't report or give feedback on anything at all and quite a few times now I've heard the phrase "Hopefully no one else will discover this bug and we can abuse it on the real version".

BETAs been turned into nothing but promotional bollocks and games are suffering for it because they don't have proper beta testers.

You do realize that not everyone has to report bugs for them to be found and fixed, right?  All it takes is 1 person to report a bug and it can be fixed.  Killzone 2 benefitted greatly from beta testing.

Plus only betas given to you for being a Playstation underground member and a member of GAP have the ability of reporting issues.  When you get a beta from Qore, there is no system for reporting errors or bugs.  All of the betas had error reporting systems for early beta testers, but once they start letting in Qore users, or make it a public beta, it is mainly for server load testing purposes.

Just imho but public beta for me is glorified demo which also tests server loads.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network
Zlejedi said:
Vetteman94 said:
windbane said:
KylieDog said:

Every beta I have been on is full of retards who treat it like nothing more than a demo, a vast majority don't report or give feedback on anything at all and quite a few times now I've heard the phrase "Hopefully no one else will discover this bug and we can abuse it on the real version".

BETAs been turned into nothing but promotional bollocks and games are suffering for it because they don't have proper beta testers.

You do realize that not everyone has to report bugs for them to be found and fixed, right?  All it takes is 1 person to report a bug and it can be fixed.  Killzone 2 benefitted greatly from beta testing.

Plus only betas given to you for being a Playstation underground member and a member of GAP have the ability of reporting issues.  When you get a beta from Qore, there is no system for reporting errors or bugs.  All of the betas had error reporting systems for early beta testers, but once they start letting in Qore users, or make it a public beta, it is mainly for server load testing purposes.

Just imho but public beta for me is glorified demo which also tests server loads.

I wouldnt say its a glorified demo, because most demos are of the campaign, but not all are.  Plus most demos are also from a finished product, thats not true for betas public or otherwise.  Also public betas are always the online element of a game/program, and it is mainly used for server load testing.

KylieDog said:
Vetteman94 said:
windbane said:
KylieDog said:

You do realize that not everyone has to report bugs for them to be found and fixed, right? All it takes is 1 person to report a bug and it can be fixed. Killzone 2 benefitted greatly from beta testing.

Plus only betas given to you for being a Playstation underground member and a member of GAP have the ability of reporting issues. When you get a beta from Qore, there is no system for reporting errors or bugs. All of the betas had error reporting systems for early beta testers, but once they start letting in Qore users, or make it a public beta, it is mainly for server load testing purposes.

This point proves my point.

Every single eta I've been on has a procedure for reporting bugs. The fact you claim most don't shows what is wrogn with them.

It also takes many many reports to get things fixed, I've been in private betas reporting bugs just to find come a public beta the bugs still exist, and get reported again, just to find they are still there on live and don't get fixed until after release.

Most of them have a website and forum to report bugs.  KZ2 did that.  Just because that guy didn't use the doesn't mean other people aren't.  GG implemented many changes due to testers and continue to do so.