By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ben Dutka ps3news says Where Did All The PS3 Hate Go?

he wrote

Let me see if I can break this down for all of you haters, currently cowering in a corner and hoping to God nobody calls you to task for your doom-and-gloom claims from the early days of the PlayStation 3.

I've been gaming for over 25 years and I have covered the progress of Sony's latest console for PS3 since the very first day.. Now, for most all of 2007, I scoured the Internet for news every day - as I still do - and I read all the regular reports along with the nasty editorials that inundated every gaming website around. Of course, I'm not about to say that certain editorials weren't without merit; the PS3 did indeed have a slow start and no matter what kind of fan you are, you can't deny that things weren't looking good. However, as I did agree with some of the negative viewpoints, the sheer number of "LAMLAMLAM, the PS3 is gonna die!" articles was downright disgusting, and furthermore, even legitimate websites began running pieces asking if there was any way to "save" the beleaguered console. Apparently, I was the only one on earth who simply asked, "given Sony's history and the progression of past consoles, shouldn't we have just a little more faith than this?"

And now, it's 2009 and the PS3 seems to have all the momentum in the world. We have already been blown away by certain exclusives, including MGS4 and Killzone 2, and many more are on the way. Few will argue that PS3's exclusive lineup, which features names like Uncharted, God of War, and Gran Turismo (just to name a few), currently outstrips that of the competition. The PlayStation Network has come a long way...a long, long way; on the first few days of the Store's existence, it barely featured a few pieces of content. Now, there are thousands. Even little downloadable titles have wowed us (flOw, Flower, etc.), and oh yes, let's not forget about the video download service and the fact that it remains free. PlayStation Home is here, and like a microcosm of the entire PS3 existence, it shows a ton of potential that hasn't quite been realized yet. In short, the software is here and more is coming, there's every indication that the PS3 will have the best exclusives in 2009 and even 2010, the Network is both reliable and increasingly popular, the machine is super reliable, and all that's left is a price drop.

And where have all the haters gone? Well, they've gone where they always go when they issue ill-advised, shrieking rantings and ravings, only to find out at a later date they've been proven wrong. I'm not here to tell everyone that the PS3 will eclipse the Wii, but it seems almost inevitable that it will soon reach the 360 threshold and may indeed surpass it before too long. It's all about the games, and the PS3 seems to have the edge. If Sony comes with the price drop, you can certainly expect to see some major sales spikes around the world; look what it has already done in Japan! So come on, haters. Stand up and take your punishment like a man. Concede. Do what a grown-up does when faced with the inevitable realization that his knee-jerk reaction was ill-founded and ill-advised. But you won't do that, will you? You'll remain in hiding, because it's far too painful to let the light hit your still-closed eyes...I feel for ya. It's tough to admit. But the truth is, the PS3 is here to stay and not only is it proving to be mighty stiff competition, it also seems to be in the driver's seat at the present time.

For the naysayers, the truth hurts.

Around the Network

Apologists and fanboys, true fanboys, are mostly delusional. It's difficult to have a logical debate with people of that ilk.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Wow... So, this guy from "IlovePS3dotnet" is buying into the "Sony can outsell Microsoft by the 125,000 units a month for the next five years, starting today" lunacy necesarry to believe they can make up for a nearly 9m unit deficit.

How shocking.

PS3 isn't going to put Sony out of business or anything, but all things considered, this generation was an epic fail for them. They took their lumps and should learn some things that will hoepfully bring us great things next gen.

Believing in the PLAYSTATION®3......IS.......S_A_C_R_I_L_E_G_E

So he's not a 16 year kid who is saying this but actually an adult??? And he is talking about grow up and do what a grown-up would do?

Did I missed the memo growing up that you will always stay a fanboy?? cause I don't have the time to be a fanboy anymore.. you know.. work, GF, friends, bills to pay, taxes to pay, enjoy the games I want to play etc...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

How blind can you be. Sure the Ps3 is wonderful and has some solid games (finally), but its not going to outsell the xbox360 anywhere near the future. If its ever going to happen that Sony needs a lot more then some exclusive games. It needs MS and the xbox360 to fail and have another rrod debacle and a few good holidays.

And that is very unlikely to happen

But like said before, logic and reason dont work with fanboys, you can only convince them with big and shiny things like how we used to convince indians to give up their land with mirrors and glass. Use words like GRAPHIX, BLURAY, JAPAN and CELL.

Around the Network

Ben Dutka wrote this not me and its fan girl not fan boy

jaddow said:

Hi and welcome to the site... can you put a link to the article?? Otherwise people think you wrote it... most people just skim through an OP and rant away before finishing reading it.. :)

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

jaddow said:

We were talking about Ben, sweety.  He's apparently metally handicapped.

If the 360 stopped selling even a single unit TODAY, PS3 would still need to increase sales 10% to even bridge the gap by 2014.  It's an absolute lost cause, and Mr. Dutka comes off as a complete douchebag to be calling out amatuer analysts that were calling for the failure of the PS3 based on utter speculation because of his ludicrous assumptions based on even less.

That said, jaddow: this article (and presumably anything else Ben Dutka has to say) was not worth posting.

Believing in the PLAYSTATION®3......IS.......S_A_C_R_I_L_E_G_E

I just got my PS3 and killzone and i love it
still like my 360
still cant find a reason to play my Wii but i loved it

Got news for you Ben, people still hate the PS3.