By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN: The Conduit multiplayer vids + info

There's some good info in there. I especially like this tidbit

"The final game, Bounty Hunter, was a very unique mode with some interesting rules. In this option, it's everyone for themselves, but you'll only earn kills by taking down your defined target. Each person has a specific player as a target, noted by a yellow glow and a specific HUD call-out – if you gun down anyone else, you'll lose points. The problem is, you might be the target for someone else in the arena, and you have no on-screen indication of who that might be…other than by assuming that the person trying to gun you down is your own personal Bounty Hunter. You can take down your Bounty Hunter with no penalty – you don't get any points, but you won't have any taken away, either. Your target will shift to another player when your previous target gets gunned down. "

That's a pretty awesome mode.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network
stof said:

"The final game, Bounty Hunter, was a very unique mode with some interesting rules. In this option, it's everyone for themselves, but you'll only earn kills by taking down your defined target. Each person has a specific player as a target, noted by a yellow glow and a specific HUD call-out – if you gun down anyone else, you'll lose points. The problem is, you might be the target for someone else in the arena, and you have no on-screen indication of who that might be…other than by assuming that the person trying to gun you down is your own personal Bounty Hunter. You can take down your Bounty Hunter with no penalty – you don't get any points, but you won't have any taken away, either. Your target will shift to another player when your previous target gets gunned down. "

Indeed I love that, a unique new mode, not many big FPS games break away from the usual mode sets.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

the last paragraph was great

"Overall I was having a blast – I'll freely admit that I'm nowhere near as good at first-person shooters as most people, and by the time everyone else was up to speed on the game's controls I was having my ass handed to me on a platter. And going by the reaction in the room it seems that The Conduit is a hit with the FPS fanatics. This is easily one of the Wii's best titles of the year, and definitely a shining moment for hardcore gamers with a Wii in their possession."

KylieDog said:
Why does it take so many bullets to kill someone?

A combination of factors I expect.

1. The guy admits he is no good at FPS and was being beaten by the others.

2. You can see he is a terrible aim, hardly any of the bullets were hitting.

3. The weapon looks and sounds like the Deutche [sp?] in Goldeneye, which was a terrible weapon

4. We don't know if there are handicap settings for health.

Meh, we'll see.

Around the Network

Does the person not know that they are supposed to capture the ASE?

I want to see more Multiplayer footage that is not offscreen.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WII is the FUTURE GAMING!

XD I just realized something awesome. Near the end of the second vid, one guy mentions that it was 'Obama's fault' that he died.

On Joystiq, they mention that all the Wii nicknames were based on presidents. Guess who was Obama?

In other words, Joystiq owned IGN.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
thekitchensink said:
XD I just realized something awesome. Near the end of the second vid, one guy mentions that it was 'Obama's fault' that he died.

On Joystiq, they mention that all the Wii nicknames were based on presidents. Guess who was Obama?

In other words, Joystiq owned IGN.

LOL that is pretty funny, I had a similar experience on Quantum of Solace where I got owned by Obama with a sniper rifle.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

MaxwellGT2000 said:
stof said:

Indeed I love that, a unique new mode, not many big FPS games break away from the usual mode sets.

Yeah, that mode sounds pretty badass indeed. 

Hope you guys got your Wii Speak accesories because I'm ready to actually use mine and talk a little shit during Conduit matches.