By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 holds all the aces up its sleeve.

jaddow said:
360 already lost. going to buy a PS3 right now, blame it on the killkillaLLLLkilla zone ..every year 360 have me waiting 9 to 12 months for a good game . and then die before it can play it . not cant wait for price drop. going to leave work to get a PS3 right now

Wow, this guy just went from 3 posts to 17 in an instant.  Must be a new alt/troll account trying to get his post count up.

Anyways, LOL at your post!  Good for you, you silly fanboy!

Around the Network

go fish? Am I in the wrong game?

Guess we will wait and see

PS3beats360 said:

PS3s main goal is to outsell the XBox 360 in worldwide total sales. This is an extremely important goal to Sony in regards to PS3. The PS3 has price cuts and huge list of games exclusive to PS3 which will prove to be much better than any exclusive games on XBox 360. PS3 will update its free online which will surpass the XBox Live "paid" online.

You might argue that Sony can not afford price cuts blah blah blah. But the truth is Sony is a huge company and these small losses on hardware is a small drop in the ocean and the extra game sales will more than make up for any insignificant PS3 hardware losses. Price of PS3 is approaching mass market penetration levels with next price cut and PS3 sales will take off as the economy does in fact improve in second half of 2009 and beyond. Expect PS3 price cuts to be announced some time at or after E3 09'.

Even the chance of going from third to first in the same generation may be on the cards as soon as PS3 approaches the Wii price. I expect huge transition from Microsoft or Nintendo to Sony and PS3. PS3 has a remote chance of finishing first in console wars. However I believe PS3 will finish a very close second behind the Wii when the generation is over. Bad luck for X360 ending up third after being ages in first place. Oh well such is life.

Discuss

yep totally agree wit u i cant wait for the last quarter of this year

Play Me

Ok how do people know that Sony hasn't made a profit??
They must work for Sony huh
Or maybe Sony made an announcement that they lost all profits (yeah right)

BHR-3 said:
PS3beats360 said:

PS3s main goal is to outsell the XBox 360 in worldwide total sales. This is an extremely important goal to Sony in regards to PS3. The PS3 has price cuts and huge list of games exclusive to PS3 which will prove to be much better than any exclusive games on XBox 360. PS3 will update its free online which will surpass the XBox Live "paid" online.

You might argue that Sony can not afford price cuts blah blah blah. But the truth is Sony is a huge company and these small losses on hardware is a small drop in the ocean and the extra game sales will more than make up for any insignificant PS3 hardware losses. Price of PS3 is approaching mass market penetration levels with next price cut and PS3 sales will take off as the economy does in fact improve in second half of 2009 and beyond. Expect PS3 price cuts to be announced some time at or after E3 09'.

Even the chance of going from third to first in the same generation may be on the cards as soon as PS3 approaches the Wii price. I expect huge transition from Microsoft or Nintendo to Sony and PS3. PS3 has a remote chance of finishing first in console wars. However I believe PS3 will finish a very close second behind the Wii when the generation is over. Bad luck for X360 ending up third after being ages in first place. Oh well such is life.

Discuss

You can always count on fanboys to support eachother's flawed logic

Around the Network
Jboy0990 said:
Ok how do people know that Sony hasn't made a profit??
They must work for Sony huh
Or maybe Sony made an announcement that they lost all profits (yeah right)

I wonder!

TheTruthProphet said:
ummmmm speaking of the ps3 financial situation by saying blah blah blah is ignorance at its best. Sony has NEVER MADE A PROFIT ON THE PS3. IT has wasted all the ps2 profits and wasted over 3.3 billion $$$$$$$$

THis

nightsurge said:
BHR-3 said:
PS3beats360 said:

Discuss

You can always count on fanboys to support eachother's flawed logic

i dont belive its flawed do not belive the ps3 will finish at least in 2nd or better yet my predictions that i made n my sig for this and next year?

Play Me

I think alot of your opinion is hardcore fanboyism.

Alot of big name PS3 titles, MGS4 and Killzone 2, have come out and it hasn't had much of an effect.  The only big franchises that haven't come out are GT and God of War.  I seriously don't think that pretty much any other games i've heard of are really gonna be big titles that will sell systems.  Not to say that they'll be bad games, but that you won't really see any worthwhile correlation to systems sold.  I don't think games are gonna be enough to make the PS3 huge.

Price is a major issue, but by the time the PS3 costs what a Wii cost now, I think the 360 might be selling for like $99 and the Wii going for like $149 or lower.  Blu-Ray players will probably be like $75 or less so nobody will care that the PS3 has Blu-Ray built in when they already have like 2 BR players in their household.

I just can't see the PS3 overtaking the 360 this gen, let alone the Wii.  To do it, they'd need to start beating somebody in monthly sales... which they haven't.  The Wii has outsold the PS3 every month since launch and the 360 has been doing it on and off with it's current streak being like 7 months straight.  The math on that alone says that the PS3 is getting further and further behind, not that it's primed to overtake anyone.

i'm not a business analyst, but what i do know is that sony had chipped the 360 lead down by almost a million units before the last round of price cuts. i think if the pricetag gets more competitive we will see sony eat the gap once again.

in addition to that, i agree that sony's software is more visionary in nature than m$. games like warhawk, mag, and little big planet are really pushing boundaries....and gamers are liking this, at least the ones old enough not to be swayed by mario titles. i just don't see microsoft keeping up with the battle of first party exclusives. they seem to be doing more of the same ol' same ol' with their games.

art is the excrement of culture