By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. to be ported to PS360?

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. was awesome. But it's an old ass game to be ported to consoles.

What could it sell after such long time, a hundred thousand copies?

Just like The Witcher being canceled, I don't think this will become real either. Hopefully the third S.T.A.L.K.E.R., Call of Pripyat will be multiplatform though.

Around the Network
Onyxmeth said:

Isn't this game supposed to be similiar to FEAR? Basically survival horror mixed with first person shooter?

Not exactly, Stalker is much more ambitious and complex project. Remotely resembles Deus Ex in core game concept. Good game, but has a lot of gameplay, balance and techincal flaws. But still worth playing.

It could be fun but as Squlliam says it would probably need more than a port. I loved it on PC (once it was patched...) and would say it was the last really hardcore shooter I liked.

It had a nice mix of expansive outdoor, the best creepy dark labs invested with things that go bump I've played, really tough, pixel perfect shooting requirements on many occasions (the bit that a console version might struggle with I think).

However, I love it so much if they do deliver a good port I'd probably give it a go all over again on console - just play it on a big screen right through.

What would be nice if they used the later engine to overhaul it, put out a nicely tweaked console version and got the franchie on consoles in time for the next release.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...