By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Does National Health Care Really Work?

McClaren said:
That Guy said:
it would be cool if there was some kind of "opt out" system whereby if you didn't live close enough to receive the benefits, of if you're like Mafoo and hate anything public, you can instead opt out of the system and go with whatever you'd like.

Another thought of a NHS is that it also sort of takes the load off of employers to pay for their employee's health insurance, doesn't it?

Right. This could potentially help small business owners.

Well not really they rarely pay for healthcare.  It'd help the big buisnesses.

Around the Network
MrBubbles said:
while i may not answer a direct question about where i live right now, i have on a number of occasions said where i live. tbh, i always find it amusing when people ask me about it.

Well clearly your either America's hat or pants.

I'm going with America's hat.  (Sports radio show refrence.)

Health care should be geared towards the middle class, not the poor.

"I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

So many commies in one thread

Repent or be destroyed

CommunistHater said:
So many commies in one thread

May I say that you are a very politically open minded individual communisthater.

Around the Network

Well, there is one thing we can all agree on, that the U.S. healthcare system needs a massive overhaul.

You aren't going to see the government institute a national healthcare system at this point in time for several reasons. 1) The political will for it isn't there. American people are still skeptical to some degree. If it does happen, it will happen in baby steps. That's probably the best approach anyways to work out the kinks. 2) Its not economically feasible at the moment. Obama has the right idea of looking for ways to make healthcare cheaper. Regardless of how you think the problem should be solved, you can't argue that the U.S. is spending way more money than is economically feasible based on the role healthcare should play in the economy as a percentage of GDP.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Kasz216 said:
MrBubbles said:
while i may not answer a direct question about where i live right now, i have on a number of occasions said where i live. tbh, i always find it amusing when people ask me about it.

Well clearly your either America's hat or pants.

I'm going with America's hat.  (Sports radio show refrence.)

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

akuma587 said:
Well, there is one thing we can all agree on, that the U.S. healthcare system needs a massive overhaul.

I don't agree. I like the US healthcare system. It's the best in the world.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.

Tyrannical said:
akuma587 said:

Fail...

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Sardauk said:
Tyrannical said:
akuma587 said:

Fail...

http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/hybrid.asp?typeCode=147

Funny how the world univeristy rankings for the top 50 life science and biomedicine colleges is dominated by US universities.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nobel_Laureates_in_Physiology_or_Medicine

Nobel prizes in medicine too.

It's just a lie spread by Liberals that the US healthcare system isn't tops. It's so they can try and control it through socialized medicine.