By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Pokemon Platinum worth it?

I mean if you own Diamond/Pearl are the updates on Platinum worth the purchase or not?

Around the Network

It's entirely up to you. I say its well worth it for the cool additions and the Frontier. Not to mention Origin Giratina and Sky Shaymin.

How technical is your game?

Yes it well worth it if you Collect or enjoy pokemon games,Bought it when it came out

Yeah I do collect them,I have almost all of them.

I love the new features
the wifi plaza's fun lol

"After you win, son, I feel like going for a ride on your bike, haha." ~Doc Louis (Punch Out Wii)

Around the Network

It depends on you. There's a lot more to do outside of the main story and over wi-fi. Also the annoyingly slow surfing speed in D/P has been increased. Additionally, if you like to battle with others a lot you'll probably welcome the increase in the battling speed.

I got it regardless, being able to catch articuno moltres and zapdos is already a plus, although you could transfer them from fire red/leaf green, but that's what i don't have.

Still playing Tales of Hearts so won't be opening the box sooner though I can't wait to play Platinum

If you love Pokemon then yes.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

It was well worth it for me, but then again its a case by case thing - I have purchased atleast 1 of each set of pokemon and then the 3rd out of every pokemon gen so it was a no brainer for me.

Currently dreaming of: DKC4 or Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (classic 2D platformers) for WiiWare, Smash Bros. for DSi, New Super Mario World for DSi, a Wii remake or true sequel of Final Fantasy Tactics.

One down, hopefully more awesomeness to come.

SJGohan3972 said:
It was well worth it for me, but then again its a case by case thing - I have purchased atleast 1 of each set of pokemon and then the 3rd out of every pokemon gen so it was a no brainer for me.

LOL, me too.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089