By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Slim selling well

leo-j said:
@claude

That comment was evilish

I dont think the psp slim will sell extreemly well, but the extra colors in norrth america may move alot of systems. If kh spin off is on the psp then I can assure you it will sell very well. I dont see it passing the ds at all, its just that nintendo has a larger market in the handheld department.

Evilish? Whatever do you mean.

I think it goes without saying that Sony has already shot itself in the foot several times this gen.

As for PSP, honestly, how many units has colors ever moved for a platform? I know I've been holding out since launch for that subtle, yet enriching baby blue PSP. 

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

I don't really know what's new with the PSP Slim, but I have one question: is the D-Pad smoother?

I mean, I've tried playing "Gradius Collection" on the old PSP but it was not working at all (had a hard time controlling the ship to go diagonally), so I had to "mod" the D-Pad and taped a circle-shaped one made of rigid carton right on top of it. It didn't look nice, and playing with the control stick was worse so I had no other option.

Thanks in advance!

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

I'm sure this will be a permenant boost in PSP sales and not just a temporary spike like with the PS3 price cut. Obviously the PSP is on the way to the top, look out DS. (/sarcasm).

SHMUPGurus said:
I don't really know what's new with the PSP Slim, but I have one question: is the D-Pad smoother?

I mean, I've tried playing "Gradius Collection" on the old PSP but it was not working at all (had a hard time controlling the ship to go diagonally), so I had to "mod" the D-Pad and taped a circle-shaped one made of rigid carton right on top of it. It didn't look nice, and playing with the control stick was worse so I had no other option.

Thanks in advance!

Yes the D-pad is smoother, the screen is kinda brighter and the PSP Slim is lighter than the DS.

kber81 said:
hunter_alien said:
Neos said:
god your english grammar sucks hunter_alien

okay, so what is this about in normal english?

If you cant understand than your english is probably wors :? I dont force you to read it , its your own freaking choice ... I find it interesting that others can read it even with all of the mistackes :o

Don't waste your time hunter_alien on him - he knows nothing about foreign languages but still like to put some crap about skills of other people regards his mother tongue. I'm sure he don't even know where your country lays. Loser.

On topic:

My launch week prediction was pretty close (at least for others and Japan)

America - 150k - 175k
Japan - 120k - 150k
Others - 100k - 120k

Kber he is from Europe (Neos) so I guess he will know it. (PS I thought he is
 from the netherlands).

Where is hunter Alien From?

Around the Network
W29 said:
SHMUPGurus said:

Thanks in advance!

Yes the D-pad is smoother, the screen is kinda brighter and the PSP Slim is lighter than the DS.

Alright, sounds good to me! I might get one after all. =P

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

The big thing is can the PSP sustain these numbers. Is it the dark horse for this holiday season? I still kind of doubt it, but it shooting to the best selling system in Japan and the third narrowly behind the Wii in Europe should be noticed. US numbers will be very interesting. Numbers last month were very low in the NPD, but I'm sure some of that was anticipation to the PSP Slim. Really what it needs is games though, and it's still a dissapointment if it continues to have a tie ratio bellow that of even what the GBA had.

It haves games but the problem is the illigal games/gaming.

konnichiwa said:

Kber he is from Europe (Neos) so I guess he will know it. (PS I thought he is
from the netherlands).

Where is hunter Alien From?

@ Neos

Hmm... My mistake. R U there Neos? Here goes the apology to you... anyway you shouldn't discredit people who aren't as comfortable with English as you. Maybe he also use this forum to develop... I have no problems to understand him.

@ konnichiwa

He is from Romania. 

Hus said:
GT portable and PSP slim would waste the competition.

And if the DS got Halo and FFXIV and MGS5 then the PSP would be DOOMED! Seriously grow up people; I think everyone accepts that the fight between the DS and the PSP is over (not talking about quality here - I prefer DS but many people might not). Even if PSP sold much better due to GT, DS has so much support these days from both 1st party and 3rd and most importantly from the people; it's been established as the portable to go.