By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl to feature FULL ONLINE MULTIPLAYER!!!!

I hope that Matt Cassamessina's IGN Editorial "Let There Be Voice" does something to put voice chat into Brawl...

Wii Friend Code: 7356 3455 0732 3498 PM me if you add me

Around the Network
rickthestick2 said:
I hope that Matt Cassamessina's IGN Editorial "Let There Be Voice" does something to put voice chat into Brawl...

I doubt it, it would involve the creation of a new perifereal as well as retooling the game to accomidate voice.  They make mention to latency issues (which I think are probably blown out of proportion, as what actually needs to be sent between consoles is probably pretty slim,) so I would assume pushing voice data would cause even more problems.

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X
CrashMan said:
rickthestick2 said:

I doubt it, it would involve the creation of a new perifereal as well as retooling the game to accomidate voice. They make mention to latency issues (which I think are probably blown out of proportion, as what actually needs to be sent between consoles is probably pretty slim,) so I would assume pushing voice data would cause even more problems.

Well, a friend code voice chat system shouldn't be too difficult, but I really don't care that much.  Just having online makes this game perfect to me.  As far as latency, all console games have latency in online play and it was nice of Nintendo to at least mention it.  I'm guessing play between continental US and Europe will be fine, but if you get as far as Japan (basically the other side of the world from me) then there will be some signifficant lag.  

Eh...even between Europe and US I'm guessing you'll have lag.

There's not many FPSs that play well worldwide either...you get horrible ping between Europe and US...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:
Eh...even between Europe and US I'm guessing you'll have lag.

There's not many FPSs that play well worldwide either...you get horrible ping between Europe and US...

Good point.  I don't really mind though.  Like I said, the fact that it's online at all is more than enough for me.

Around the Network

HAHA... i am definitely looking forward to giving you a game Soriku :D

This is good news, but in all I don't think it will have a huge effect on sales for this game, it will give a little boost but I think whether or not it had online most people who were going to buy it would have bought it anyway, this just confirms to me that Sakurai is making the ultimate Smash Bros game so he never has to make another one because this version simply has every single thing from every Nintendo (and other) game ever created in it.

yep, the Ultimate Smash Game.

Wii Friend Code: 7356 3455 0732 3498 PM me if you add me

I wonder if critics will like Smash more. This is only the tip of the iceberg. With more online features, it will only get better.

Please, no voice. I don't want this game to be full of "omg wavedash noob" or "u suck and stop dodging bitch".

Cadence: I concur. i hate voice. but then again, as long as it's only coming from the headphones, you can always just take it off.

the Wii is an epidemic.