By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Trophies and how they underachieve

Ronster316 said:
We already have TRUE achievements (see bottom gamercard)

How long before we have true trophies? (ie this trophy is actually worth bronze x3 or silver x2)

Interesting. I wonder how many points would my platinum in wipeoutHD be. Too bad that isn't the case in reality though, there's no way Sony or Microsoft would let someone exceed the limits of points by too much... but it does sucks that some really difficult trophies/achievements are worth so damn less.

Around the Network
bbsin said:
Ronster316 said:

How long before we have true trophies? (ie this trophy is actually worth bronze x3 or silver x2)

Interesting. I wonder how many points would my platinum in wipeoutHD be. Too bad that isn't the case in reality though, there's no way Sony or Microsoft would let someone exceed the limits of points by too much... but it does sucks that some really difficult trophies/achievements are worth so damn less.

Like with gamerpoints i'm sure theres some platinum trophies out there that are either p*ss easy or rock hard to get.

If a platinum is easy to get then it would remain a platinum x1, but if it's a hard one the platinum could be x4 or x5.

Perhaps having a site like true achievements (true trophies) would really seperate the men from the boys.

Ronster316 said:
bbsin said:
Ronster316 said:

Like with gamerpoints i'm sure theres some platinum trophies out there that are either p*ss easy or rock hard to get.

If a platinum is easy to get then it would remain a platinum x1, but if it's a hard one the platinum could be x4 or x5.

Perhaps having a site like true achievements (true trophies) would really seperate the men from the boys.

Platinum is only obtained by getting all other trophies. So it isn't that easy. Personally while i like trophies. I can't be arsed to go hunting for them. Meaning i don't have any platinums :p

Check out my game about moles ^

Something tells me that the author created what he thought to be an ingenious title for an opinion piece, and therefore wrote one.

Neither ended well.

EDIT: didn't quote in this post.

Around the Network
Staude said:
Ronster316 said:
bbsin said:
Ronster316 said:

Platinum is only obtained by getting all other trophies. So it isn't that easy. Personally while i like trophies. I can't be arsed to go hunting for them. Meaning i don't have any platinums :p

Yeah, plats are given by getting all the other trophies.

But if that game was hard to 1000 (oops, get all trophies for) then the platinum could easily be worth x4 or x5 as i said before.

i mean, i have 1000 on NBA 2K6 which i'm by no means proud of.

But then again i have for example 1000 on Tiger woods 09 which i am very proud of.

only thing i dont like about trophies is the sync and non-display of gamercard.

hopefully this will be fixed in future firmware.

but system of trophies with level up system is better than gamescore.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Skeeuk said:
only thing i dont like about trophies is the sync and non-display of gamercard.

hopefully this will be fixed in future firmware.

but system of trophies with level up system is better than gamescore.

"Better than" is the enemy of "good enough"

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

About 360: gamerscore is a simple number. It reminds me of money. For me it's boring. The sole existence of trueachievements.com shows gamerscore system is not enough for many people.

About ps3: I think nobody in this thread explained a nice aspect of trophies. You need more and more "trophy points" in order to progress in levels. It's harder to go from level 5 to 6 than it is from 4 to 5. This is a typical gaming challenge: leveling up is increasingly more and more difficult. Very difficult in fact beginning from levels 6-7.
Another aspect that hasn't been commented: typically, obtaining a platinum needs much more effort than the "points" reward you get for it (equivalent to only 12 bronzes). So a platinum is a big reward in itself.
So in the end, thanks to the trophy system, in this thread i've been able to see 2 incredibly strong gamers: bbsin level 12 and 9 platinums and aildiin level 13 and 17 platinums. This is CRAZY. I'll look to your opinions carefully in the future.

Only someone who has spent A LOT of time with both consoles can understand this article. I will never buy a game like AVATAR on ps3 but i bought it on 360 because it had easy 1000 points. I can not rememember any game on ps3 that put me to play online 50 hours when i didn't want to do, but i can count many 360 games that made me do this silly thing. I have left my 360 open for 100s of hours just to unlock "100 hours achievement unlocked". Generally when i finish a ps3 game i barelly return to do some trophies while i try to reach 1000 points in every 360 game. And yes i care a hell of a lot for my 84K+ gamerscore than my 7th level.

And one more thing. I was hardcore Nintendo fan spending the 90% of my time on Nintendo's consoles. Now my 360 comes first in how much time i play just because it had those freaking achievements i couldn't resist.