By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Something Sacred this way comes?

I'll pick this up if I get through Infamous and Punch-Out in a timely manner. There was a game (I forgot the name) that came out at PS3's launch that was a hack'n'slash RPG, and it was obviously not great, but I got a lot of time out of it, and I figure this will be at least as good as that. I love the genre, really wish Diablo 3 was coming to consoles....

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

Around the Network

@JPL78

Yeah, it took my son and I a few min to find the path for that "Through the Wall Quest".

I just hit level 35 on my Sera and her BeeEffGee does over 1700 dmg ! She's a walking (well Tiger Riding) angel with laser cannon! So far I got 3 set pieces (of course none of them match but at least unlike Titan Quest, I get loot that is mostly for the class I am playing at least it seems that way so far.

Have you gotten any set piece yet? My son is plyaing Shadow Warrior and the set piece that drop for him was also for his classs, so the game is at least drop the loot that you can use.

I went explore a bit and found this dungeon that have bunch of crazy troll/goblins mages and got really cool necklace. This game is just full of awesome surprise. I am clocking in at about 38 hours play already and only finish about 19% of main quest and uncover just 15% of the map..

mysticD, I agree with you, we need to support games like this. Average shooter game number 135 will sell a guaranteed million and they will make more. If sacred 2 gets sorry sales it will send a message to all developers to leave these games on the PC and personally I would rather sit on my couch for 200 hours and not hunch over my computer that long. If everyone that wanted this waited until it was discount bargain bin it will also send a bad message. The game has been very well received by the few people that did buy it.

I just hit level 35 this morning. I REALLY need to know what to do to get my class mount. I've been following my class quest but I have nothing even acting like I'm heading towards a mount. Am I doing something wrong?

As for set pieces, I have a set helm that is high elf specific I think and I'm on a fire focus and its a fire set, the name escapes me right now. I really want to complete it. I have two or three other pieces I'm saving from different sets, in fact any set piece I get I will save. I'm also saving higher priced items I find. Maybe we could trade each other to get a set eventually. I keep looking for you on be we are on at different times. Pretty cool we are the same level though. I have about 35 to 40 hours, 15 percent of the quest and 14 percent of the map. Oddly enough I'm still focusing on the first zone you start in but I will probably clear it out tonight.

edit: also I don't have a BFG cannon that can do 1700 damage but my homing fireballs do about 1000 and respawn quickly.  Also, my pride and joy is a flame wave AOE that can EASILY drop an entire screen of enemies in a matter of a couple seconds :) bad ass.  Plus with my flame shield buff anything that hits me will kill itself.  So, I'm not being challenged very much but being a mage I can occasionally take quick damage and need to rely on potions.

epicurean said:
I'll pick this up if I get through Infamous and Punch-Out in a timely manner. There was a game (I forgot the name) that came out at PS3's launch that was a hack'n'slash RPG, and it was obviously not great, but I got a lot of time out of it, and I figure this will be at least as good as that. I love the genre, really wish Diablo 3 was coming to consoles....

I think you are talking about Untold Legends.  I played the PSP versions and liked them.  Thinking about downloading one of them from PSN so I can have a good dungeon crawl on the go.

JPL78 said:

mysticD, I agree with you, we need to support games like this. Average shooter game number 135 will sell a guaranteed million and they will make more. If sacred 2 gets sorry sales it will send a message to all developers to leave these games on the PC and personally I would rather sit on my couch for 200 hours and not hunch over my computer that long. If everyone that wanted this waited until it was discount bargain bin it will also send a bad message. The game has been very well received by the few people that did buy it.

I just hit level 35 this morning. I REALLY need to know what to do to get my class mount. I've been following my class quest but I have nothing even acting like I'm heading towards a mount. Am I doing something wrong?

As for set pieces, I have a set helm that is high elf specific I think and I'm on a fire focus and its a fire set, the name escapes me right now. I really want to complete it. I have two or three other pieces I'm saving from different sets, in fact any set piece I get I will save. I'm also saving higher priced items I find. Maybe we could trade each other to get a set eventually. I keep looking for you on be we are on at different times. Pretty cool we are the same level though. I have about 35 to 40 hours, 15 percent of the quest and 14 percent of the map. Oddly enough I'm still focusing on the first zone you start in but I will probably clear it out tonight.

edit: also I don't have a BFG cannon that can do 1700 damage but my homing fireballs do about 1000 and respawn quickly.  Also, my pride and joy is a flame wave AOE that can EASILY drop an entire screen of enemies in a matter of a couple seconds :) bad ass.  Plus with my flame shield buff anything that hits me will kill itself.  So, I'm not being challenged very much but being a mage I can occasionally take quick damage and need to rely on potions.

Go to the town where you enter the orcish  byway - you'll see a NPC with yellow beams of light coming down on them.  Talk to them to get the class mount quest (It's an island close by to the northwest).  The NPC, if I recall, can be found by walking down the "main road" through the town.

Stop getting so excited about a Kid Icarus remake... the original NES Icarus sucked.

Around the Network

Derek thanks! I'm not sure where that is yet, but I'm sure I can find it.

JPL78 said:
epicurean said:

I think you are talking about Untold Legends.  I played the PSP versions and liked them.  Thinking about downloading one of them from PSN so I can have a good dungeon crawl on the go.

Yup thats it.  I played the first Untold Legends on the PSP but couldn't finish it.  I'm not sure if it's because it just wasn't done well or if it's tough to invest that amount of time in a handheld (thought i dont think that's it).  I did really enjoy the console one, though, for what it was.  I know there was a sequel for the PSP one, too, but I never tried it.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

epicurean said:
JPL78 said:
epicurean said:

Yup thats it.  I played the first Untold Legends on the PSP but couldn't finish it.  I'm not sure if it's because it just wasn't done well or if it's tough to invest that amount of time in a handheld (thought i dont think that's it).  I did really enjoy the console one, though, for what it was.  I know there was a sequel for the PSP one, too, but I never tried it.

When I was toying with the idea of buying a PS3 I saw that version of Untold Legends for 20 dollars and really wanted it.  But in the end I read reviews (maybe a mistake) and they all said basically there where hardly any RPG elements and it was mostly action so I decided with Sacred 2 coming out in 2 weeks I could skip it and the PS3 in general.  But I wanted not to spend my entire tax rebate and ended up doing so anyway, so maybe I should have gotten the PS3.

I don't know what to say about the PSP versions.  I had very fond memories of them.  I think I'm about to download the second one for 16 dollars.  I just love dungeon crawlers and the save anytime style of most of them is perfect for a handheld game.  But I thought they were very well done, maybe not Diablo 2 material, but definitely workable portable crawls.  I'm going to check and see if can buy the disk for cheaper than 16 dollars but if not I'm going to go ahead and download.  As sad as it is, these games are rare,  see my post above but developers now days would rather just spit out constant shooters.  So my love for the few that exist are usually amplified.

I just bought Sacred 2 yesterday. Have about 4hrs in it on my 2nd character (already have 2).

If your a 360 fan, and really want a competent dungeon crawler, this is the game fills the bill. Co-Op is quite fun, and you can incorporate new people into playing pretty quick, given how fast level ups are by initiating a new player into the game.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball, welcome to the club. I wanted to do a review but I'm sure you could do much better than me.

Hey they patched it today, I wonder what the patch did?

I also wonder if the gamestop carrier imp code works yet?