By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is NDS's star starting to fade?

The DS has such an awesome backlog of games in its library that its "star power" is solidified, meaning it will never fade.

If last weeks worldwide sales have proved anything (900k w/ the DSi launch), the light is still shining, BRIGHTLY

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network
DrYon said:

I'm wondering this. Besides Zelda:ST, there's something else to be excited about in the future? I love the NDS, best handheld ever, but I'm also worried for how much it'll last.

I think Dragon Quest IX, Mario & Luigi 3, Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days and Zelda Spirit Tracks will be enough for me this year, and of course I have like 25-35 older titles I want to pick up for my DSi, plus I will be getting a bunch of DSiWare games this year I bet - so yeah I've got enough games.

Currently dreaming of: DKC4 or Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (classic 2D platformers) for WiiWare, Smash Bros. for DSi, New Super Mario World for DSi, a Wii remake or true sequel of Final Fantasy Tactics.

One down, hopefully more awesomeness to come.

With Suikoden Tierkreis, Kingdom Hearts 385/2 Days, Mario & Luigi 3, Infinite Space, and many more games, it won't start fading its "star power" yet.

I am a Breakout Bat.
I am an abstract sort of creature, who dislikes any sort of restraint. If you try to pigeonhole me, I'll break the box, and come back for more. I don't have any particular ambitions, I just drift, but I am adept at keeping life going along.

What Video Game Character Are You?

Proud Member of the Mega Mario Movement Yummy Yoshi Yankees