By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Anyone here think the 360 will outsell the PS3 3:1 in NA?

Since the 360 has already started outselling the PS3 by over 2:1 in North America does anyone here think that it'll likely turn into a 3:1 ratio in the coming months?  Also how much do you think the gap will increase between the two in North America between Sept 1st and Dec 31st.

Around the Network

Suprises are coming stay tuned for more...

mM

im curious how much new stuff we have yet to see at the tokyo game show, could change alot,

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

Does any of it have a chance of coming out in NA in the next 3 1/2 months?

Hmmm....

If the PS3 remains at a steady 50k level, then the 360 would have to sell 150k a week. I don't see that ever happening, except possibly Halo 3 launch week. And wait, when did this 2:1 ratio start?

Around the Network

360 outselling ps3 3:1 in september and october in the US would not be suprising at all. nov and dec probably not, but should outsell it considerably anyway.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

@MontanaHatchet

Since August.

@leo-j, Lost tears of Kain

I guess you guys are talking about another price drop. It'll be interesting to see what they do and if Microsoft responds in kind.

I'd take that bet Legend11, for late September and October at least, the holidays are a little more iffy. The 360 is going to have Mass Effect but I don't think that's going to move a lot of consoles and both will already have holiday boosts so things will be closer to normal (2:1).

@legend

Nothing can help the 360 in japan, look if we see the 40gb released it will sell out in an instant. Yes microsoft is going to cut the price 3 months after they cut the price lol

Japan is what I mean about suprises, a price cut there will do wonders for sony. Same for europe.

mM

thanks for bringing up WW sales when we are talking about US sales.

the 40 gig is just in your imagination anyway.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X