By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Conduit new Boxart

Bioshock was new. LE edition just had a pic of a city on a rusty metal background

For those who don't know what the game is,they have the regular edition boxart with a guy holding a gun.

Since I already know what the game is I prefer getting the alt boxart. Be redundant to have two boxes with the same art.

Around the Network
TWRoO said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Ryudo said:
MontanaHatchet said:
I like it, but they should be emphasizing that it's a shooter. Any popular shooter series (Halo, Gears, Call of Duty) does this. At least the other box art sort of fits that description.

Halo 2 LE didn't Bioshock LE didn't.

People who preorder Special editions already know what they are getting.

It's a new series, and there aren't as many Wii shooters out there as PS3 or 360 shooters. I'm just saying that High Voltage/Sega should try as hard as possible to make sure people know it's a shooter.

Yes but people who are pre-ordering games know what they are getting.... are you suggesting there are people who will go into a store and ask to pre-order a limited edition of a game they don't even know the genre of?

Could be someone walked into the store, saw the offer for a preorder, and was fooled by the boxart. And yes, I do misunderestimate (that was intentional) the average consumer.

That said, I've always wondered why most of the limited edition boxarts are so much worse than the standard ones. Final Fantasy 12 definitely got it right.

MontanaHatchet said:
TWRoO said:

Yes but people who are pre-ordering games know what they are getting.... are you suggesting there are people who will go into a store and ask to pre-order a limited edition of a game they don't even know the genre of?

Could be someone walked into the store, saw the offer for a preorder, and was fooled by the boxart. And yes, I do misunderestimate (that was intentional) the average consumer.

That said, I've always wondered why most of the limited edition boxarts are so much worse than the standard ones. Final Fantasy 12 definitely got it right.

I suppose it helps to cater for two different crowds... I have no problem with the original boxart myself, it looks fine, but some people seem to not like it (It's not exactly an award winning design, but it looks no worse than 95% of other boxarts) so this provides a simpler, cleaner alternative.

This still looks pretty sweet

^click the license to level it up! Please, and thanks in advance!

=D

looks good

Around the Network

Wow!! with Frankmasonery symbolism!!

MY ZELDA COLLECTION

Aww, I liked the original box art better!

Oh well, I don't play with the box.......

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Maybe the casuals will think its a roulette wheel and buy it.

The normal edition boxart is inside anyway.

^^ Amazon.co.uk

^^^ OK then!

No doubt about it, this game is getting purchased.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."