By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo DS sales hit 50 million worldwide

Wow.. you can't argue with "fastest selling games machine of all time"... Very impressive.

Around the Network

To everyone who says granturismo wasnt trolling

This thread is about the DS selling over 50million units. The title doesnt mention anything about the game libary or the PSP what so ever.

The very fact that he mentioned them for no reason what so ever is trolling

call me Aaronbunny!

Wii code: 6993 4542 2457 6182. plz add me Im a wiily gd friend

@TWRoO Actually it's even faster than 3 Years since the DS came out somewhere in the end of November 2004. So I guess it could be up to 55 million when it's out for actual 3 years

Wow, a thread about the DS going over 50 million and it turns into a complete train wreck. Still a lot of bitter tears.

Hey, come on now. Let's agree that we don't always agree with each other. But at least, we can all agree on the lick functionality for the next-gen. Kids will love them, they can stop licking their lead toys and begin licking digital lead toys. Progression, dang it.

Around the Network

^ "baby sleeping soundly, that's because we gave it a lead dummy"

Alexie Di Onie said:
Does your dad have a reason for thinking that way?

Hardware junky i imagine, the psp is alot more powerful then the DS and generally has better games. the thing is, people don't buy handhelds for the full game experience, they buy them for fun so called 'non-games' that you can pick up/put down at will. To a gamer, the psp's library is very attractive and only hindered by practicality. i work alone as a security guard in a small shack for 12 hours a day, naturally the psp is a dream come true to me but not everyone is in my situation and you just can't truly appreciate a full ratchet and clank level while you wait for the bus.

hunter_alien said:
Cadence said:
My dad thinks DS' are crap. He says that the only good systems are the ones from the Sony brand.

Your dad is smart ... well not the crap part ... the other , with the Sony thingy  ... to bad that not all parents are like that . :P

You mean ignorant of the product's respective market? Unfortunately your ally here (her dad) appears to be an individual whose understanding of gaming seems to boil down to which console has the most non-gaming features and whose faith in the Sony brandname is most likely founded in the dated observation of the PS1 and PS2's domination over the previous generation and/or the more visible Sony hype present in mass media during those periods. 

Too bad indeed more parents aren't like that or else the PSP and PS3 might be doing better than they are now this generation.