By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why doesn't Nintendo bundle Wiispeak and Wiimotion Plus with the Wii?

It would be a good deal and plus they will have more people aware of Wii motion plus. I bet they wouldn't even lose more than $10.

Discuss.

Around the Network

Because the Wii is already a great deal as is. ( someone out there keeps buying it right? ) Maybe if this Motion plus doesn't get off on the right foot, then Nintendo might push it out there.

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

I wouldn't be surprised if WM+ gets bundled at some point, perhaps even inside the Wiimotes themselves. But if that happens Nintendo has to get rid of the current stock before that, which may take a while.

And if it sells well unbundled, why should they do it?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

They might do it to help sales in Japan. But the Motion+ plus isn't even out yet.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Nintendo likes money, period.

Around the Network

the two obvious answers are A: It would make Wii too expensive, so either customers would have to bear that burden, or Nintendo would have to subsidize.

B: It would confuse the consumer. They would have to branch SKUs, and this sort of thing only muddies the issue.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

.....because Nintendo would make less money if its bundled.

I think that at some point the wiimote will include it but as pointed out they will have to clear stocks and know that it will help sell systems.

they want more wii bucks :D

Wii speak isn't going to be bundled because Nintendo has very few plans for it. It is really a shame, but I think they hoped that it would move Animal Crossing and be something for the core audience as there core games came in with Online modes. That hasn't been the case so far.

Motion plus won't be bundled because it is already being bundled with several games and probably more to be announced in the future. Like the balance board, motion plus is better suited to move software that utilizes it rather than moving hardware. Also I am pretty sure Nintendo knows that bundling M+ with the wii would subtract from the tennis games and Resort.

95% of gamers don't know they are noobs, the 5% who do won't be noobs for long

Check out my kickstarter project: http://kck.st/15CEuUT

Check out my blog: http://www.metropolisgaming.com