By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What are the odds of The Conduit Wii bundle?

theprof00 said:
you friggin' Europeans and your decimal point substitute!!

Im Latin American not european XD.

Around the Network

Ah, I confused the argentinian flag with the portugal flag. My mistake. Still, you use european system.

theprof00 said:
thekitchensink said:
theprof00 said:
bundling would give 3rd parties confidence in Nintendo's support for core games.
But Nintendo doesn't really care about that. They sell the majority of software for the wii anyways, and would rather sell even more, with less competition from outside sources.

Nothing stopping them from bundling both Wii Sports and TC in the same box.

The bottom line will stop it. It costs money to bundle. Bundling is generally a tactic to help 3rd parties sell their software and make up for delivering a high budget console selling game.

Nintendo will never agree to this, because neither of those things make sense for nintendo.

If a time ever came where Wii sales started slowing, and if they didn't feel like reducing the price, it's not inconceivable that they would bundle another game in addition to Wii Sports.  However, it would likely be something like Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart, or Brawl.  That said, even if they took a hit (not really a 'hit', but 'less profit'), a Conduit bundle would drastically increase their standings with third parties.

I still don't think it's going to happen, though.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
thekitchensink said:
theprof00 said:
thekitchensink said:
theprof00 said:
bundling would give 3rd parties confidence in Nintendo's support for core games.
But Nintendo doesn't really care about that. They sell the majority of software for the wii anyways, and would rather sell even more, with less competition from outside sources.

The bottom line will stop it. It costs money to bundle. Bundling is generally a tactic to help 3rd parties sell their software and make up for delivering a high budget console selling game.

Nintendo will never agree to this, because neither of those things make sense for nintendo.

If a time ever came where Wii sales started slowing, and if they didn't feel like reducing the price, it's not inconceivable that they would bundle another game in addition to Wii Sports.  However, it would likely be something like Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart, or Brawl.  That said, even if they took a hit (not really a 'hit', but 'less profit'), a Conduit bundle would drastically increase their standings with third parties.

HV seems to confident regarding The Conduit sales I´m sure they have something under their sleeve.

thekitchensink said:
theprof00 said:
thekitchensink said:
theprof00 said:

I 100% agree.

It is just unlucky for the Conduit that it is being released soon. There will be more of a chance that such a thing happens later on, but for this one I am going to be extremely pessimistic.

Around the Network

99.99% chance of that happening. Now let's hope not to be in the 0.01% zone

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

the only bundling you'll see from Nintendo in the next year atleast besides the bundle they already have (Wii Sports) will be Wii Sports Resort, I have a hunch that you will eventually be able to buy a Wii with both of those games

Currently dreaming of: DKC4 or Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (classic 2D platformers) for WiiWare, Smash Bros. for DSi, New Super Mario World for DSi, a Wii remake or true sequel of Final Fantasy Tactics.

One down, hopefully more awesomeness to come.

low but even low odds are better than no adds at all.

I think if Nintendo wanted to bundle there console with a game that would appeal more to the traditional crowd this would be the game to do it.

As far as a good business deal, it would not work in Nintendo's favor. People who want conduit already own a wii and it seems the other traditional gamers aren't going to be persuaded to make the switch. So as for improving Wii sales, it just wouldn't move many if any consoles. For conduit it would be great though. The wii sells well as it is and I am sure it would boost their software sales.

As a strategic move, it makes sense. It would be a way for nintendo to open up to both core gamers and 3rd parties. For their future interest they should do this. However they wouldn't see the benefit until probably late 2010.

In conclusion, I don't think Nintendo has even considered the possibility. Even if they had they probably would have turned it down because they realize that Conduit will fail to move more consoles then what is already being sold.

95% of gamers don't know they are noobs, the 5% who do won't be noobs for long

Check out my kickstarter project: http://kck.st/15CEuUT

Check out my blog: http://www.metropolisgaming.com

0% chance IMO, this is nintendo not MS or Sony