By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dewey moved up to the 18th of September

Anybody plan on buying this game other than people who have already said so?

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network

I do...I loved Elebits.

My local GS didn't get it in today so having it out tomorrow as IGN has said seems rather unlikely. I haven't gotten the "phone call" either so I guess IGN is wrong on this one. The manager said that as far as she knew, the 25th was still the day it was coming out...

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Duly noted. Good to see they moved it up if only so I can compare it and MySims at the same time. I plan on getting Dewy unless its reviews are terrible and MySims are good in which case I'll get Dewy used later.

My sims reviews are ranging from good to mediocre. I expect Dewy to rate higher, if the reviewers don't get stuck up on the cute aspect of it.

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

Around the Network

Confirmed...Gamespot called to tell me Dewy is in tomorrow. Poor Mercury Meltdown...might have to wait until next week.

I picked this up today along with Eternal Sonata and so far I'm pretty pleased with Dewey's Adventure (and my Dewey plush). Not far enough in it yet to give any impressions but did anyone else that picked this up notice that Nestle Water made its way into the first tips screen?

I've got it...my girlfriend loves the plush...have yet to play it since everyone else is using the Tv/Wii. I'm worried about the early release. Part of me tells me taht it's because they didn't want to go against Halo. But another part of me thinks they may have pushed it so the reviews wouldn't be out yet. We'll see.

Hmmm... my gamestops said to try tomorrow... they didn't get it in any of the boxes that came today... I checked with two different stores.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

So I've finished the first world and so far I'm digging the game.

Highs

• Moving takes a little while to get use to but but the third level you've got it down cold and are hopping and sliding like a pro.
  • The game isn't easy. I died once on the mini boss and nearly died in stage 4 on the way to the boss. I'd imagine that if they didn't flat out tell you how to beat the stage 4 boss (which I get to in the lows) I imagine that would have been difficult too. Also, this game isn't difficult because of the controls.
  • The 4 levels I've been on so far have been pretty brilliantly designed. I seriously thought I went everywhere and only ended up finding only 80-90 of my buddies in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th stage (though I'm pretty sure I know where I missed in stage 4). The levels are big and you end up going all around them.
  • Using Dewey's three forms works very well. Each one has specific purposes and has disadvantages and advantages. It's also incredibly easy to switch between them and quickly switch between them.
  • Killing enemies and the mini boss was a lot of fun.
  • The game is absolutely unforgiving with death. There are no checkpoints and you only have one life. If you die in a level, you have to start it over. Some people may see this as a bad, I kind of like it.
  • The game is pretty nice looking. It's not up to par with Metroid Prime 3 but that's not a bad thing since Metroid Prime 3 is the best looking so far (graphic power wise). Dewey has its own style and it works beautifully with this game. Also, though the voice acting is crap, the opening cut scenes are just incredibly looking. They're done by the same artist as the Elebits cut scenes except this time they have some parallaxing that makes for a really nice effect.
  • It looks like the game is going to have some lasting appeal. I don't think getting through the game will take me long, but getting all 100 of Dewey's buddies and A's (or S's I think-- pretty sure there's an S rank) will take a while. Also, I've heard the multiplayer is actually pretty fun, hopefully I'll get to try that out Friday.

Lows

• I don't like shaking the remote up and down to shoot out of the flowers. I would much rather just have that done automatically.
  • I don't like shaking the remote up and down for a quake and side to side for wind. It really just doesn't feel very good and the shaking of the remote like that can get tiring (especially during the stage 4 boss).
  • The Stage 4 boss would have been awesome if it hadn't outright told me how to beat it. This is a puzzle game and I want to figure this out for myself. The mini boss wasn't like this and I can only hope the other bosses aren't like this.
  • Sometimes jumping from platform from platform could be a little hairy. I'm guessing this is because I'm still fairly new at the game but it can be sometimes hard to judge where you're going to land and where you're jumping to.
  • Puzzles are completely spelled out to you though I imagine that this is because it is only the first world.

All in all, I'm happy with this game so far. It's good for a quick play and I can go back and try to find things I missed. I think some of my gripes will be remedied with just playing the game a little more and playing something beside the first world. I will be really upset if they keep spoon feeding you the puzzles though I really doubt they will.

Also, I completely agree that this was moved up because of Halo though I don't take that as a bad thing. Everybody knows Halo is a huge release and not much else is going to sell that week regardless of how good or bad the game is. This game is in no way in competition with Halo so there's no need to worry there.