By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - If it does end up being Forza vs GT5 at Christmas (I know how original)

Kantor said:
GT, by a long way. Perhaps even double Forza 3's sales.

Anybody who thinks otherwise is delusional.

Not really, there are are whole range of things that can happen between now and christmas. Its just very very very likely GT will win this one hands down. Not delusional though to think otherwise ...

Around the Network

Forza 3 will obviously not be a pack in straight away but it will be bundled as will GT5 due to both (the latter especially) being system sellers. I stand by what I said though which is that GT5 will not outsell Forza 3 in NA.

Come on, this isn't a serious question is it? Look at following figures:

Forza 2 opening week: 350.000 copies
Forza 2 reaching 1 million: 18 weeks
Forza 2 total sales: 3.98 million copies*

GT4 opening week: 2.500.000 copies
GT4 reaching 1 million: probably 1st day
GT4 total sales: 9.65 million copies

GT5P opening week: 640.000 copies
GT5P reaching 1 million: 2 weeks
GT5P total sales: 3.01 million copies*

*It should be noted that Forza 2 became bundled with almost every Xbox 360 in a christmas period just after it reached 1 million sales. Within that christmas period the sales jumped from 1 million to more than 3 million because of the  forced bundles. Without the forced bundles Forza 2 probably would end up around 1.6 - 2.0 million copies sold. The same goes for GT5P, it became bundled with almost every PS3 in a christmas period in Japan. Before the bundle was released the sales got stuck around 270.000 copies, while total sales are currently at 670.000 copies...in Japan that is.

I think it's clear that GT is still GT and that fans are eagerly waiting to finally get a full new GT. If GT5 can do GT4 numbers...maybe, but it probably will come close. As for Forza 3, i don't think it will do even half the numbers of GT5, maybe not even a third...forced bundles excluded.

I can't wait until the Forza3 / GT5 comparison reviews.
I could barely imagine the epic meltdown if Forza out reviews GT5.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

Tyrannical said:

Its entirely possible!!

Around the Network
seece said:
Tyrannical said:

Its entirely possible!!

GT4 got knocked for 2 things: lack of online and lack of damage. GT5's got the first one covered but...

No damage will kill gt5 review scores, it's the only thing keeping it back from an 95% game. No damage and it will hit 90% but barely, prologue got shafted due to the reviewers not liking the fact that it was in GT terms short.

seece said:
Kantor said:

Not really, there are are whole range of things that can happen between now and christmas. Its just very very very likely GT will win this one hands down. Not delusional though to think otherwise ...

It's not impossible, just highly unlikely. About as likely as inFamous cuasing the PS3 to outsell the Wii...

So yeah, anybody who thinks so is delusional.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
seece said:
Kantor said:

It's not impossible, just highly unlikely. About as likely as inFamous cuasing the PS3 to outsell the Wii...

AT the rate things are going Infamous would only have to give a little bump for that to happen

seece said:
Kantor said:
seece said:
Kantor said:

AT the rate things are going Infamous would only have to give a little bump for that to happen

Lol.

I'd be surprised if inFamous did anything, to be honest.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective