By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wedbush Morgan: Wii to lead Feb. sales, PS3 stabilizing (NA)

StarcraftManiac said: Agree... March will be the foundation of a trend, Wii or PS3... If Ps3 doesn't pick up in sales we'll have to wait untill some BIG AAA Killer aps coming end 07 or 08. But with Big Wii games coming out in March/Apr like Paper mario The godfather (also on PS3) SSX blur Prince of persia and no more heroes coming in Juli, its going to be hard for PS3 to gain momentum and take no 1. Selling spot worldwide. Im guessing Wií will have advantage... Ending on top 07 unless Halo 3 makes a BIG BIG SPLASH ( Mario galaxy and metroid and SSB': Brawl will too btw...) And setting a trend for lower PS3 sales with moderate to slightly high sales when a killer app releases with a lower userbase... (i think im going to create a thread about that one...)
With the exception of paper mario, how are those big titles?

Games make me happy! PSN ID: Staticneuron Gamertag: Staticneuron Wii Code: Static Wii - 3055 0871 5802 1723

Around the Network

staticneuron said: With the exception of paper mario, how are those big titles?
Seroiusly. godfather is a old 360 game. SSX blur ... A good one, but I've never liked them, but not a Killer app. Prince of Persia... a port. If no more heros is all the Wii is getting in july, it will most DEFIANTLY be a PS3 month.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

SSX blur ...a new version of an old game . Paper Mario ...a Game Cube title turned into a Wii title due to lack of games for Wii . Godfather ....a year old X360 game with probably less technicla polish in Wii . Prince of Persia ....a port . I dont see these games as huge ,to be frank .They can entertain someone who already has teh Wii and is tired of Zelda but wont move units . No More Heroes is more interesting but comes July ...... So basically Wii hasnt got anything worth mentioning until July . PS3 is getting way better software ,right now it has just received NBA Homecourt NBA College Hoops Motorstorm Tekken Dark Ressurrection Virtua Fighter 5 Flow Def Jam Icon In a week it will receive Oblivion Virtua Tennis 3 Splinter Cell DA Godfather (if it counts for wii it counts for PS3 ) Armored Core 4 April MLB The Show Raibow Six Vegas FEAR And through may and june things as Lair Heavenly Sword GRAW 2 The Darkness Singstar Transformers Spiderman 3 Bladestorm Saints Row Ninja gaiden Sigma Everybodys Golf 5 Alone in the Dark Colin Mc Rae Dirt Fatal Inertia I dont know you but I see the Wii lineup extremely weak compared to the PS3 one .

At the moment the Wii doesn't need games to move units, it just needs a steady supply of games to keep most of its users happy; it is doing much better than most Nintendo systems for game releases at this point in its life. Personally, I suspect the Wii will continue to sell at a good pace for the rest of Q1 (January 1st to March 31st) and into Q2 (April 1st to June 30th) and the need for system sellers will be in Q3 (July 1st to September 30th) and Q4(October 1st to December 31st). The problem I see with the PS3 right now is that it really needs software that will move units, and many of its upcomming titles are multiplatform or ports with no (real) enhancements over the XBox 360 version of the game.

Diomede : so what ? We all know that Wii will outsells PS3 until 2008 despite a " lack" of game...

Around the Network

fabinou said: Diomede : so what ? We all know that Wii will outsells PS3 until 2008 despite a " lack" of game...
So what? We all do know there is no chance for us to buy a Wii even if they will include it to the yoghurt pack as a bonus. We also do know you will buy PS3 after price drop. PS3 brings what we want so 350 mln of Wii owners means nothing because it will not make us to love childish stuff like Wii-something. Also we do know wii is technically poor - actually you know it too. We don't care about mario 54 because we are a bit more mature.

fabinou said: Diomede : so what ? We all know that Wii will outsells PS3 until 2008 despite a " lack" of game...
Well that is possible but it would be the case of something selling on hype alone .It is factible ,but that turns useless the comparisions about lineups and wich month will be stronger for software of one or the other .That could be the case with the traditional consoles .Example the X360 or the PSP when they churn out a great game they increase sales .The DS ,and maybe the Wii ,are totally different thing ....they can sell tons without games and with one or two no-games as Wii Sports or Nintendogs or Brain Training .Thats true ,but from there trying to extrapolate that the Wii will do better and win over the PS3 because of the lineup or the software .... Many PS3 titles of the coming months are multiplatform ,thats true .....but so what ?What exclusive titles has the X360 going for it ?And the Wii ? The Playstation 3 at least have Heavenly Sword ,Uncharted Drakes Fortune ,Lair ,Singstar ,MLB The Show ,NInja Gaiden Sigma ,Everybodys Golf 5 and some others ...

Why? Why does no-one rember White Knight Story?

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Diomedes1976 said: Well that is possible but it would be the case of something selling on hype alone .It is factible ,but that turns useless the comparisions about lineups and wich month will be stronger for software of one or the other .That could be the case with the traditional consoles .Example the X360 or the PSP when they churn out a great game they increase sales .The DS ,and maybe the Wii ,are totally different thing ....they can sell tons without games and with one or two no-games as Wii Sports or Nintendogs or Brain Training .Thats true ,but from there trying to extrapolate that the Wii will do better and win over the PS3 because of the lineup or the software .... Many PS3 titles of the coming months are multiplatform ,thats true .....but so what ?What exclusive titles has the X360 going for it ?And the Wii ? The Playstation 3 at least have Heavenly Sword ,Uncharted Drakes Fortune ,Lair ,Singstar ,MLB The Show ,NInja Gaiden Sigma ,Everybodys Golf 5 and some others ...
Remember that it could be argued that for the first 9-12 months the PS2 was on the market it sold on hype alone; the Dreamcast was less expensive, had prettier games and a much stronger line-up and was still outsold by the PS2. The reason why the PS2 was declared the better system in the end was because its higher sales meant that it would get meant that it would get many more exclusive games and have a better line-up in the end. The problem with the multi-platform games for the PS3 is that many of these games have been out for (nearly) a year on the XBox 360, the XBox 360 currently has a much better line-up, and the XBox 360 is less expensive so if someone wants to buy a system to play Raibow Six Vegas, Oblivion, or Fear on they probably already own an XBox 360 ...

Kwaad said: Why? Why does no-one rember White Knight Story?
Probably because it is not a release on the horizon (most sites I looked at had TBA 2007 as a release date for Japan, and TBA 2008 for North America), very little is known about it, and it is likely that it will be an "Also Ran" JRPG. Hyping White Knight Story is kind of like hyping the original Killzone ...