By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony orders 250,000 PlayStation 3 awareness brochures

Those Cell ads were pretty cool...I don't get why they don't air stuff like that more than the "baby" ads.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Those cell ads were great, play beyond or whatever it was.

@makingmusic476, Sony really needs to pay you, your little thing about the PS3 would sell alot of systems.

makingmusic476 said:

I've always thought that one of the ps3's biggest problems was marketing.

Most people have absolutely no clue what the thing can do. They just look at it as a $500 game console, and wonder why it costs so much more than everything else. Commercials with floating babies aren't doing a thing to educate the average joe.

Sony needs to start making commercials that are short, simple, and very informative. Basically, they need to say "This is what the ps3 can do (blu-ray, upscale movies, media center, ps1/2/3 games, etc.), and this is why it costs so much, now look at all these awesome exclusive games," then cut to a bunch of flashy clips from games like Uncharted, R&C, and KZ2, ending with the words, "Only on PlayStation 3."

Maybe they should make a similar ad focusing more on the Blu-Ray playback of the ps3 as well, cutting to scenes from exclusive Blu-Ray movies like Pirates of the Caribbean and others, ending with the words "Only on Blu-Ray, now on PlayStation 3."

That'll educate consumers on the product more than 60-page brochures that nobody will probably read.

You're assuming that Average Joe cares about Blu-Ray.  You're also assuming Average Joe has an HDTV.  He will see why it costs so much and say, meh, not for me.  I'll get a wii or 360 instead.

A commercial about Blu-Ray will do better than a brochure...that's pretty much guaranteed.

It also would cost a lot more...perhaps Sony doesn't want spend that much now.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Kinda of topic, but check this old Playstation ad. It's very good... but it has nothing to do with PS. It doesn't even shows a single game.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Bqq38WZctA

For some reason I can't embed it heh 

Around the Network
cowbourne said:
makingmusic476 said:

I've always thought that one of the ps3's biggest problems was marketing.

Most people have absolutely no clue what the thing can do. They just look at it as a $500 game console, and wonder why it costs so much more than everything else. Commercials with floating babies aren't doing a thing to educate the average joe.

Sony needs to start making commercials that are short, simple, and very informative. Basically, they need to say "This is what the ps3 can do (blu-ray, upscale movies, media center, ps1/2/3 games, etc.), and this is why it costs so much, now look at all these awesome exclusive games," then cut to a bunch of flashy clips from games like Uncharted, R&C, and KZ2, ending with the words, "Only on PlayStation 3."

Maybe they should make a similar ad focusing more on the Blu-Ray playback of the ps3 as well, cutting to scenes from exclusive Blu-Ray movies like Pirates of the Caribbean and others, ending with the words "Only on Blu-Ray, now on PlayStation 3."

That'll educate consumers on the product more than 60-page brochures that nobody will probably read.

You're assuming that Average Joe cares about Blu-Ray. You're also assuming Average Joe has an HDTV. He will see why it costs so much and say, meh, not for me. I'll get a wii or 360 instead.

As opposed to not knowing why it costs so much and choosing to fork over the money anyway?  An informed consumer could do nothing but help.