By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo themed Nascar races on Sept 23rd (pic of car inside)

fazz said:
The car is rated Mature O:

Videogame sponsored cars aren't new, there was (or it's still there?) a Wii car... but I never saw a pic.

i saw that too, zarking esrb, ha... soooo, how many rednecks play halo anyways??? EDIT: well maybe, how many copies do NASCAR games sell?

Around the Network

nevermind, nothing over a million since 99 on the ps...

i guess common media will touch on it some, but if the driver doesn't either win or crash BIG it seems like a waste.

fazz said:
The car is rated Mature O:

Well, it's kinda fitting, given you have to be "mature" enough to even apply for your driving license... 

stof said:
See, if I were watching Nascar, and I saw the Halo 3 car, I'd think to myself "Halo... That is definately something I'd rather be doing than watching cars turn left for a couple hours." Boom! Instant sale!

HAHA, It all makes sence now..... drive in circles.... Halo the "Rind World".... this game is just a scam to get console players to watch Nascar :)

I hope the car crashes!!! LOL!!!

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

Around the Network

If the car crashes it will just get that much more close-up attention.

Everyone is missing the point with all the Halo advertising, though. Yes, it's out of hand and has been for a while. BUT, it has gone viral. It is now becoming part of pop-culture and is exactly what MS wants. Even if MS loses money in the end (yeah, even a big number), they will consider the whole thing a massive success because Halo3 and the XBOX 360 will be top of mind awareness this holiday season and probably well into next year.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Even if you don't care about Halo, this is the first game I can think of making the US go as crazy for as Japan is for every single Pokemon game.

Haven't seen this in Europe due to the Playstations not having a similar star game as Halo, and Wii domination having not reached the mainstream conciousness yet.

halo marketing is getting retarded... whats next a whole Halo 3 football team
You may have heard of Paul Allen. He is the co-founder of Microsoft and currently owns the Seattle Seahawks of the NFL. I suspect Messers Allen and Gates are rather good friends.

It's amazing... How much money they already pomped in Halo 3 promotion?... $50 million? I heard that Capcom spent $20 million on Lost Planet promotion. LP wasn't hyped like this... No way. Impressive.

kber81 said:
It's amazing... How much money they already pomped in Halo 3 promotion?... $50 million? I heard that Capcom spent $20 million on Lost Planet promotion. LP wasn't hyped like this... No way. Impressive.

the amount they have spent for their different commercials, the car above, the magazine ads, website ads, etc. They have had to spend more like 400 million, advertising on Nascar Cards isn't cheap unless you own the car and if you notice the car is owned by target. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453