By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why does Ganon want to take over Hyrule?

CHYUII said:
largedarryl said:
SmokedHostage said:
largedarryl said:
theRepublic said:
Well, Ganon has the Triforce of Power, so maybe it corrupts him into wanting power over the entire world.

This is probably the most correct answer, but for some reason I doubt the OP was looking for the correct answer.

I was.. I just thought that the 3 above are interesting.

Well in that case, Ganon (or Ganondorf in cerian games) is the controller of the Triforce of power.  Now with the Triforce of power, the conrolling individual of this trait needs to find ways to increase his power.  This need for power will always drive Ganon/Ganondorf to attempt to rule the known world in his attempt for absolute power over everything.

I don't think Ganon/Ganondorf's motives for ruling are in question, the bigger mystery is who/what Ganon/Ganondorf really is and what the reasoning behind capturing Zelda (has to do with the Triforce of Wisdom?).

Gannon has to capture Zelda to insure that she is a part of his defeat, that she is a part of the final battle.

I would summize that Ganon targets Zelda for one of two reasons.

1- He is unaware that she is the controller of the triforce of wisdom, hence he simply overlooks her as a threat.

2- He is aware of the posetion of the triforce of wisdom, and he may be unable to take this power from her.  So he either sees her as the one capable of stopping him, or he needs her to unite the triforce power for him.

Around the Network
Dodece said:

However the truest answer is this. The staff at Nintendo is either too incompetent, too lazy, or too self serving to actually fashion a story that is the gaming equivalent of the song that never ends. Allowing them to shovel out two dozen versions of the same game.

They only deal with the plot insofar as to complement the gameplay. If the game wouldn't be improved by a particular point, it isn't put it. Hence the almost complete lack of story in Mario games. They won't break that rule even to preserve continuity or characterisation.

All generic villain's motives are world or castle domination.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Dodece said:
There is actually an answer to this question. All the characters in the series are slaves to their fate. They were predestined to do as they did. Logically by the gods that created the triforce in the first place. Presuming they are omnipotent they must have foreseen the consequences, and they had a prominent position in their plan. Yes a god made Ganon do it, or more specifically saw to it that Ganon would be born the evil twisted very powerful bastard that he was.

That is the logic you must follow. However the truest answer is this. The staff at Nintendo is either too incompetent, too lazy, or too self serving to actually fashion a story that is the gaming equivalent of the song that never ends. Allowing them to shovel out two dozen versions of the same game.

By the way chalk up one vote to Ganon being impotent, and the whole power hungry nature of his existence is in compensation. Think about it for a moment over hundreds or thousands of years have you ever seen a piece of tail in his throne room. I think not we can at least assume after they banish Ganon both Link and Zelda are getting some.

I do agree with you about the staff at Nintendo being to lazy to fashion a real ending to the story.

Although it appears that Ganon very well could be a god (or some form of deity) himself, but is trapped in his own dimension.  This is something that seems to put Ganon in "Dark" worlds.  There then appears to be Ganondorf, a seamingly more mortal individual that is actually part of the same dimension as Zelda and Link.  Ganondorf is kind of depicted as a thief, meaning he could have stollen the Triforce of Power, this then corrupts and twists the theif into a monster.

He wants to control the "street women" industry all by himself.

Around the Network
largedarryl said:
CHYUII said:
largedarryl said:
SmokedHostage said:
largedarryl said:
theRepublic said:
Well, Ganon has the Triforce of Power, so maybe it corrupts him into wanting power over the entire world.

This is probably the most correct answer, but for some reason I doubt the OP was looking for the correct answer.

Well in that case, Ganon (or Ganondorf in cerian games) is the controller of the Triforce of power.  Now with the Triforce of power, the conrolling individual of this trait needs to find ways to increase his power.  This need for power will always drive Ganon/Ganondorf to attempt to rule the known world in his attempt for absolute power over everything.

I don't think Ganon/Ganondorf's motives for ruling are in question, the bigger mystery is who/what Ganon/Ganondorf really is and what the reasoning behind capturing Zelda (has to do with the Triforce of Wisdom?).

Gannon has to capture Zelda to insure that she is a part of his defeat, that she is a part of the final battle.

1- He is unaware that she is the controller of the triforce of wisdom, hence he simply overlooks her as a threat.

2- He is aware of the posetion of the triforce of wisdom, and he may be unable to take this power from her.  So he either sees her as the one capable of stopping him, or he needs her to unite the triforce power for him.

Sorry, I mispoke, What I MEANT was that the Tri-force wants Gannon to gather Zelda so that she will be part of the process.

Gannon does it for the all the reasons you claim but the Tri-forces are seeking re-connection, so they exploit the players in order to fullfill that goal.

Because he wants space for his cottage?

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

cause he is bored. you can't have a hero without a villian. there was no hero so he became the villian to make a hero

Dodece said:
There is actually an answer to this question. All the characters in the series are slaves to their fate. They were predestined to do as they did. Logically by the gods that created the triforce in the first place. Presuming they are omnipotent they must have foreseen the consequences, and they had a prominent position in their plan. Yes a god made Ganon do it, or more specifically saw to it that Ganon would be born the evil twisted very powerful bastard that he was.

That is the logic you must follow. However the truest answer is this. The staff at Nintendo is either too incompetent, too lazy, or too self serving to actually fashion a story that is the gaming equivalent of the song that never ends. Allowing them to shovel out two dozen versions of the same game.

By the way chalk up one vote to Ganon being impotent, and the whole power hungry nature of his existence is in compensation. Think about it for a moment over hundreds or thousands of years have you ever seen a piece of tail in his throne room. I think not we can at least assume after they banish Ganon both Link and Zelda are getting some.

I don't know if this is a jab at the series or a long-witted answer.. w/e.

Pixel Art can be fun.

CHYUII said:
largedarryl said:
CHYUII said:
largedarryl said:
SmokedHostage said:
largedarryl said:
theRepublic said:

Sorry, I mispoke, What I MEANT was that the Tri-force wants Gannon to gather Zelda so that she will be part of the process.

Gannon does it for the all the reasons you claim but the Tri-forces are seeking re-connection, so they exploit the players in order to fullfill that goal.

Can the triforce pieces actually be re-connected?  Or is the illusion of re-connection what the Gods/creators put in place, thus creating a never ending cycle of conflict between the owners of such powers?