By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ratchet&Clank screens, demo gameplay and impressions.

ratchet/ resistance...insomniac

uncharted/jak...naughty dog

Around the Network

^^ The jak series was made by naughty dog the same guys who made Crash bandicoot for the PS1. R&C is made by Insomniac who made R:FoM [PS3] and Spyro the Dragon [PS1].

The screen grabs looks brilliant! My fave R&C is definately Up Your Arsenal. I sold my PS2 but kept Shadow Of The Colossus, FFX and R&C 3! The game is THAT good. When [if] I buy a PS3, R&C will by my first game pruchased.

naznatips said:
ckmlb said:
It doesn't look as good as a Pixart movie, but the fact that people keep making this comparison is testament to how good it looks.

In my opinion, this is the best game so far this generation outside of Gears, UT III and maybe Call of Duty 4.

No, the fact that people keep making the comparison proves their ignorance.

As far as comparing this to Mario Galaxy goes, obviously this wins from a technical standpoint. IGN wasn't talking about technical prowess though... they were talking about artwork. From an artistic standpoint, that's a matter of opinion, but IGN wasn't the only site to express the idea that Mario Galaxy was visually stunning on the level of many PS3 and 360 games due to its art.

I totally agree with you. Mario Galaxy and IMO Metroid Prime 3 thrumps R&C and any other shooter/platformer I've seen so far on the PS3/Xbox360. The art style is OUT OF THIS WORLD!! Remember.. that's MY opinion. :)

"She can feel it changing her. It's becoming a part of her, corrupting her. But what frightens her most... she likes it!" - Effects of Phazon corruption.

Metroid Prime 3 Hype Level: Corrupted

Reviews:

1UP - 9.0 

IGN - 9.5

It is a hardcore game through and through. You will get your ass kicked by bosses. You will be stumped by the sometimes complex, but never overbearing, exploration.
"You'll never want to play any shooter with dual analog sticks ever again - it's THAT good.". - Gametrailers

I am looking forward to playing this game.

I got the demo today, the game is awesome.

The graphics are basically a crisp and beautiful cartoon (better then Toy Story). Gameplay is nice mix of funky weapons and classic platforming. The audio and cut scenes are well put together.

I'm definitely buying this.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

i replayed the demo, awesome game, controls are spot on.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

Can't wait for the PSN demo.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!