By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Game Informer October Issue Scores: Zelda DS, Heavenly Sword and MP 3

naznatips said:
grandmaster192 said:
I've already read your review, Nazatips, and although I think you did a great job reviewing the game, I think the 9.5 score is way to high. 9.5 means that it's a legendary, generation defining game. I don't consider this game to be that good at all. In fact, there isn't a single out for the Wii or PS3 that I consider that good. I also don't understand why you insist on treating me like an idiot who's never played Metroid in their life.

I'm not treating you like an idiot who's never played a Metroid game in your life.  I'm treating you like a gamer who's judging a game on his own misconceptions.  Is a new leap in FPS control schemes not generationally or genre defining?  Because if it's not, Halo is in trouble.  As I said, you are entitled to your opinion, but there are lots of valid reasons to give this game a 9.5.  That said, there is no valid reason to give this game (or any game that I have ever played in my life) a 10.  I am a pretty harsh reviewer grandmaster.  The highest game I have ever reviewed in my life is Chrono Trigger with a 9.8, followed by Ocarina of Time with a 9.7.  Although we all have our own opinions about games, to say that there is no reason to rate this game that high is pretty ridiculous, especially considering the press in general seems to regard the game very highly judging by it's gamerankings score.

well said. im also thinking wth is with the rune factory scores. IMO its somewhere around 8

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

Around the Network

Sweet scores for a very sweet game named Zelda :D

Ignition scores for which version is that?

WTF!!! Rune Factory and Dewy? Are you out of your stupid minds! Rune Factory might not be the best handheld game around but those scores are way underrated. Dewy kind of expected though.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

I don't get their Spider-man 3 review... It should be a 9.5/10

Very conflicted opinions amongst reviewers to be taken seriously.

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

grandmaster192 said:
naznatips said:

Yeah, cause every site has a pro Nintendo bias *rolls eyes.*

Why can't people accept the fact that despite the difference in cost and technical specs, there are in fact Wii games that are better than PS3 and 360 games? I'd happily put Metroid Prime 3 up against anything on the PS3.

Don't put words in my mouth. Super Paper Mario is better then every game on the PS3 right now. I have no problem with another console having great games, so I don't know where you got that from. Nor do I understand why you had to bring up that bias bull, when it is the Nintendo fans on this site calling places like Gamespot and 1up bias. Metroid Prime 3 is not better than Resistance.

Dude, i've got a suggestion for you.  Go to Gamerankings.com and go to "Lots of statistics" then pick "Site Statistics".

There you can pick every review site that's featured on gamerankings and actually see where bias' lay and how much they rank the average game for a system higher or lower in comparison to all the other reviewers.

When you do that you'll see why people call 1up bias.

Around the Network
elprincipe said:

What you all have to realize is the way Game Informer operates. Realize first that Game Informer makes a 7 an average score, thus pumping up scores for even average games to make them look good if you aren't familiar with the stupid system they use. Realize second, and most importantly, that Game Informer is owned by Gamestop. Gamestop is in the business of selling games, and they'll be damned if they are going to have a magazine for sale in every one of their stores and mail them to people if said magazine is not pimping the games they want pimped. Gamestop pushes certain games more than others because they expect big sales from them, but more importantly big sales plus a lot of trade-ins back on the same game (see: Madden), from which they make a lot more money than new games. To sum up, no, you can't trust that 8.5 Game Informer gave to State of Emergency, because their job is to promote games for Gamestop's marketing department. By the way, Game Informer is a horribly written magazine in any case (not that others are much better if at all), so I would hardly recommend reading it at all.
This guy knows what he's talking about.  GI has been busted on this and many other issues before.    GI is nothing more than an elaborate GameStop catalog.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

regin2005 said:
The only bold score up there that I see that shouldn't of gotten that high of a score was "My Sims!" I believe it should have gotten at least an 7.5 at most! All console versions of the Sims are garbage, straight up garbage!! Maybe this version is pretty good after all!!

Have you played My Sims? You should reserve judgement until that time comes.

Just kiss the tip.

Woot! Heavenly Sword a 9 and 8.75.
That is not bad. But I Still see this game doing bad in sales.

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

I find it funn that they review MP3 and Zelda: Phantom Hourglass in the same issue when the games are technically two months apart release wise.

Anyways, WooT for Zelda.

Just kiss the tip.