By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Game Informer October Issue Scores: Zelda DS, Heavenly Sword and MP 3

outlawauron said:
Wow, they said Dewy's Adventure was worse than Lair.

I think Game Informer is becoming the next Play Magazine. They have been giving really high scores across the board lately.

Spiderman 3 - 8
Blue Dragon - 9 and 9
Lair - 7.25 and 8

It is well known that there are magazines out there that adjust scores for games where the publishers have invested a ton of money on advertizing. I'm not going to claim that Play Magazine (or Game Informer) is guilty of this, but when you see games that most reviewers are giving it a 5 get 9 or 10 from a particular magazine I would question the motives of the magazine; if you see multiple full page ads in the magazine you will know what motivated them.

Around the Network

WHAT HAPPENED TO RUNE FACTORY?????? I'M VERY INTERESTED IN THAT TITLE!!!

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

The only bold score up there that I see that shouldn't of gotten that high of a score was "My Sims!" I believe it should have gotten at least an 7.5 at most! All console versions of the Sims are garbage, straight up garbage!! Maybe this version is pretty good after all!!

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

naznatips said:

Not to mention reviewing Heavenly Sword higher than Warhawk should be punishable by death. I love playing Warhawk at my friend's. Easily my favorite PS3 game. However, we beat Heavenly Sword in one evening and although it was somewhat fun it doesn't compare at all.

This is completely up to opinion. I like Heavenly Sword better than Warhawk to be honest, I would be playing it a lot more if it had met my expectations of an amazing multiplayer war shooter. Now I've pinned my hopes on COD 4 for that role.

Also everyone needs to lay off the conspiracy theories. It seems like every time a review comes up that ppl don't like, it's the magazine being bought or biased or something... not directed at naznatips, but a bunch of other people. 

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

azzer100 said:
@ckmlb

How do they get these scores? I guess they're out of ten? I dont really understand. maybe im thick. :p

Mp3 9.5/8.75? does that mean 2 ppl have reviewed it?
Drawn to life? reviewed by 1 person?

I bolded the reviews that got good scores. They review each game and then they have a second opinion and a smaller second review. 

Some games don't get this courtesy, usually those deemed 'smaller' games I think, those get only one small review and a score.

That's how it works at GI. 

EGM has 3 reviewers review a game so 3 scores. 

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network
ckmlb said:
naznatips said:

Not to mention reviewing Heavenly Sword higher than Warhawk should be punishable by death. I love playing Warhawk at my friend's. Easily my favorite PS3 game. However, we beat Heavenly Sword in one evening and although it was somewhat fun it doesn't compare at all.

This is completely up to opinion. I like Heavenly Sword better than Warhawk to be honest, I would be playing it a lot more if it had met my expectations of an amazing multiplayer war shooter. Now I've pinned my hopes on COD 4 for that role.

Also everyone needs to lay off the conspiracy theories. It seems like every time a review comes up that ppl don't like, it's the magazine being bought or biased or something... not directed at naznatips, but a bunch of other people. 

I agree that Heavenly Sword is better then Warhawk. I am a bit against Warhawk because it's online MP only. I am finding Heavenly Sword an absolute blast, I could play this game over and over *haven't finished first playthrough yet*

But yeah.. HS>>>Warhawk imo.

jhlennon1 said:
ckmlb said:
naznatips said:

I agree that Heavenly Sword is better then Warhawk. I am a bit against Warhawk because it's online MP only. I am finding Heavenly Sword an absolute blast, I could play this game over and over *haven't finished first playthrough yet*

But yeah.. HS>>>Warhawk imo.

Wow both of you liked it better?  Well, what didn't you like about Warhawk?  Do you just want some sort of single player options?  I guess that's fair.  I still don't get their Rune Factory score.  I love that game.  It's my favorite harvest moon since Friends of Mineral Town.

ckmlb said:
naznatips said:

Weren't you one of the people going out their way to mention that whatever Playstation magazine that was the first to give Lair and Warhawk bad reviews was run by an xbox fanboy (someone who previously worked for xbox magazine)...  Or a somewhat similiar story?

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout

Warriors Orochi... that was that insane Dynasty Warriors/Samruai Warriors crossover game right?

Where the Chinese and Japanese guys during their respective warring states eras teamed up to fight some really strange demon guy thing?

Despite the fact that the eras happened far far apart.

I hate the way Nintendo games are reviewed. You can never get a honest opinion on their games. Gamespot is the best site to go for Nintendo game, as other sites will have you thinking you're buying the greatest game to ever hit the earth.