By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SOUL CALIBUR: BROKEN DESTINY announced for PSP!

Aj_habfan said:
Sweet stuff man, the PSP is back with a vengance.

Best line in the topic.

And I expect a lot more to come in the E3.

Around the Network

FUCK YEAH i wanted Soul Calibur game on psp for soooo long. now just give me Dead or Alive and Virtua Fighter portable.

it's sad though that they won't release it on wii as well - same goes with Tekken 6, but since i don't care about Tekken series anymore...

WTF is it with the PSP !!!!

trestres said:
It's official, PSP is getting more mature and core franchises than the Wii. Why do developers feel the Wii won't sell anything at all? That's beyond me. PSP is getting really tons of games that would really help the Wii.

PSP is getting this year and beyond: LBP, Assassins Creed, Rock Band, MotorStorm, Jak and Daxter, Dantes Inferno, Army of Two, Need for Speed Shift, Resistance Retribution, Tekken 6, Soul Calibur, Tenchu, Dinasty Warriors Strikeforce, Terminator: Salvation, Duke Nukem Trilogy, Formula 1, DiRT 2, SBK 09, KH:BBS, Agito FFXIII, MHU, Parasite Eve, Socom, etc.
That's impressive.

OT: I guess Namco Bandai is using the Tekken engine to power both these games, smart move.

have you played tekken ? ever

How are you gonna play on that ? Same issue with soul calibur though it might be.. slightly less awkward since you only have 2 fight buttons instead of using all 4 pr that.

The only way to play the game (without it being awkward, and that also includes using the nunchuck) would be to use the classic controller... Which would very much limit the ones getting it.

Furthermore tekken has always been a playstation franchise. Yes they are releasing it on another console but that doesn't mean they are going to throw it on all possible consoles..

And regarding your list.. well I dunno about that :p but sony has certainly made a strong comeback for the little handheld.

Check out my game about moles ^

Staude said:
trestres said:
It's official, PSP is getting more mature and core franchises than the Wii. Why do developers feel the Wii won't sell anything at all? That's beyond me. PSP is getting really tons of games that would really help the Wii.

PSP is getting this year and beyond: LBP, Assassins Creed, Rock Band, MotorStorm, Jak and Daxter, Dantes Inferno, Army of Two, Need for Speed Shift, Resistance Retribution, Tekken 6, Soul Calibur, Tenchu, Dinasty Warriors Strikeforce, Terminator: Salvation, Duke Nukem Trilogy, Formula 1, DiRT 2, SBK 09, KH:BBS, Agito FFXIII, MHU, Parasite Eve, Socom, etc.
That's impressive.

OT: I guess Namco Bandai is using the Tekken engine to power both these games, smart move.

How are you gonna play on that ? Same issue with soul calibur though it might be.. slightly less awkward since you only have 2 fight buttons instead of using all 4 pr that.

The only way to play the game (without it being awkward, and that also includes using the nunchuck) would be to use the classic controller... Which would very much limit the ones getting it.

Furthermore tekken has always been a playstation franchise. Yes they are releasing it on another console but that doesn't mean they are going to throw it on all possible consoles..

And regarding your list.. well I dunno about that :p but sony has certainly made a strong comeback for the little handheld.

how would wii remote limit the game - it have nunchuck as well you know. besides Monster Hunter G proved that game that is designed mainly for classic controller can sell. developers are simply lazy knowing japan both Tekken and Soul Calibur would sell quite well on wii.

i wonder why psp can get wii games and wii can't get psp games - it's just plain stupid. they just need to port the game from psp which isn't hard at all and is cheaper thean making a new one exclusively for wii.

Around the Network

Wow, those screen shots look fantastic at a size much bigger than the PSP's screen. I wonder how it'll end up playing.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

waron said:
Staude said:
trestres said:

That's impressive.

how would wii remote limit the game - it have nunchuck as well you know. besides Monster Hunter G proved that game that is designed mainly for classic controller can sell. developers are simply lazy knowing japan both Tekken and Soul Calibur would sell quite well on wii.

i wonder why psp can get wii games and wii can't get psp games - it's just plain stupid. they just need to port the game from psp which isn't hard at all and is cheaper thean making a new one exclusively for wii.

I can't believe you don't understand this. It wouldn't work well. It would play like shit. I didn't say it was impossible. Just that it would play bad. Re-read what i wrote and concider it before posting again.

Check out my game about moles ^

YES Damn right, screw Tekken, this is da BOMB brothers!

Thanks Namco, even though you're still asshole for screwing over my EU Tale release and nickle-diming your games, you can do some good too :)

anther psp game? wooooo!

First Tekken now Soul calibur damm.