By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom disscus the Madworld sales

Well sorta

(Poor MadWorld sales are brought up. Is Mr. Kawata afraid that RE:DC will fail to sell?) “I’m not afraid at all. I think it’s going to sell. If you look at the previous installment, it sold quite well, and again the Resident Evil brand is incredibly strong, and it’s known throughout the world.”

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/resident-evil-the-darkside-chronicles-preview

It's all about the name..... I guess

Around the Network

I didn't buy the first one but I may pick this up...I've never owned a console rail-shooter.

They have nothing to worry about, the first one sold fine on Wii...

I think it's safe to expect this sells well. The other two RE games on the Wii have been million sellers.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

it is all about the name, look at how well any game on the wii sells if it says wii in it or involves mario.

or halo/master cheif with the 360

sony doesn't realize this and thats y their software doesn't sell as much they dont have that title that EVERY1 wants

Around the Network

Madworld sales can't be considered poor yet.

At $50, it only needs 350k to break even,(taking into account European conversion, and the assumption it cost $12.5m in dev work/advertising overall)

It is at like 178k now at $50, ($8.9M) with 3.6M left to go, in less than 2 months.

At a reduced price of $29.99, it only needs 120k more copies.

I bet WW, it will have consistent sales of 4k for the rest of the year, and will definitely be a success by the end of it.

Then people can eat crow.

As for Capcom, RE:DC won't sell as well as UC right out the gate, but it will eventually sell better if the game is as good as Capcom claims it is.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

SaviorX said:
Madworld sales can't be considered poor yet.

At $50, it only needs 350k to break even,(taking into account European conversion, and the assumption it cost $12.5m in dev work/advertising overall)

It is at like 178k now at $50, ($8.9M) with 3.6M left to go, in less than 2 months.

At a reduced price of $29.99, it only needs 120k more copies.

I bet WW, it will have consistent sales of 4k for the rest of the year, and will definitely be a success by the end of it.

Then people can eat crow.

As for Capcom, RE:DC won't sell as well as UC right out the gate, but it will eventually sell better if the game is as good as Capcom claims it is.

AT 50$ the game the publisher gets around 25$ per copy and the developer gets even less as Sega takes their cut.

So you can more than double your numbers...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=22383&region=All

And at nearly 200k already, this could eventually top every game they made as Clover.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Publishers dont gain $25 from a sale. A Gamastruta (?) article said it cost a retailer $54 for a game theyd sell for $60.

capcom get out of this. this is not YOUR game. No fair resident evil has a strong
fanbase.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you.