By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PGR4 looking better than GT5

^^
err GT is big, but if your talking on how many gamers actually got it you have to consider this'

the highest selling GT sold 12 million, on a 120 million console thats a 10% attachment rates, which is huge for ps2, but not really for other consoles, and im curious on to how many systems it will actually push

Halo 2 had a 30% attachment rate, which has only happened a very few times in history, and its why its so big, its a proven system seller to MS, and So is GT, but both are big and you cant say GT has everything on Halo, they each have something on each other

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Around the Network
tombi123 said:
yeah it looks nice, but its nothing on GT5. You think Halo is a big game, its got nothing on GT. GT5 pretty much insures PS3 will come second in Europe this generation. It doesn't matter how good FM or PGR are, GT blows them both out of the water.

Hmmm. GT5 outselling Halo3. we will see on that one.

In terms of racers as I posted before FM2 is far ahead in realism over GT4 so GT5 has alot to do. Unless it is suppossed to be arcadeyish. e.g braking in corners at those speeds are impossible as FM2 accurately recreates.

Lost tears of Kain said:
^^
err GT is big, but if your talking on how many gamers actually got it you have to consider this'

the highest selling GT sold 12 million, on a 120 million console thats a 10% attachment rates, which is huge for ps2, but not really for other consoles, and im curious on to how many systems it will actually push

Halo 2 had a 30% attachment rate, which has only happened a very few times in history, and its why its so big, its a proven system seller to MS, and So is GT, but both are big and you cant say GT has everything on Halo, they each have something on each other

LOL attach rate bs, only way to use PS2s far superior userbase agianst it.  PS2 did 120 million, comparing attach rates to a console that did 20 million is pointless. 

GT3 did 14.87 million, best selling GT did doube the sales of the best Halo thats what GT has over Halo. 

@lost tears of Kain

GT3 sold 14.8M not 12M pretty much the same as GTA3.

I dont know whether you have noticed but as user base increases, attach rate decreases. The PS2 had a broader audience then the xbox.

Game sales have been pretty dismal so far for the PS3 (how many million + sellers does it have, two?), so it'll be interesting to see how it's big franchises sell.

Around the Network

also GT5 does over 1M in all three major markets (US, Europe, Japan) Halo only does well in USA. I bet my bottom dollar (pound) that GT5 has a bigger effect world wide than Halo 3. As for PGR4, that will be lost in GT5's rear view mirror.

@ legend

You could probably add anther 4 by the end of the year (Heavenly Sword, R&C, UTIII, Uncharted), possibly more. Then I think MGS4, KZ2 are pretty much garenteed multi million sellers early next year. Good games will sell well on the PS3.

Videogirl said:
This is only a CGI trailer for PGR4, here is the real in-game footage : http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24830.html

and this is GT5 prologue in-game footage :
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24082.html

see any difference ?

I hate how the mirror looks in the GT5 video!!

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

tombi123 said:
@ legend

You could probably add anther 4 by the end of the year (Heavenly Sword, R&C, UTIII, Uncharted), possibly more. Then I think MGS4, KZ2 are pretty much garenteed multi million sellers early next year. Good games will sell well on the PS3.

I was going to personally expecting to add Heavenly Sword, Ratchet and Clank, Unreal Tournament 3 and Uncharted to the list of games that have performed poorly compared to expectations. But we will see ...

regin2005 said:
Videogirl said:
This is only a CGI trailer for PGR4, here is the real in-game footage : http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24830.html

and this is GT5 prologue in-game footage :
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24082.html

see any difference ?

I hate how the mirror looks in the GT5 video!!

Yes not good mirrors. But also did anyone else notice the 2d trees, static crowd. And the sun doesnt glisten of roads like that in real life. Even PGR3 had moving 3d crowds