By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGC should track the bible!

Jereel Hunter said:
Now that the Bible is bundled, does it no longer count at the most printed book in history?

I think that's fair. Whenever anyone claims the bible is the biggest selling book I'm just going to nod sagely, then add, 'But it doesn't count, it's bundled.'

Around the Network

Hoo boy... bring on the Quran fanboys.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

But...can the bible outsell wii sports!?

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

So, would a shop-made pack like this actually sell in Poland? Any Polish VGCers care to explain the local sales climate surrounding First Communion? The idea of buying a bible with a PS3 is alien to me, but I understand other cultures see things very differently.

Oh and I thought that Christians weren't supposed to be commercialized about their religion. I guess that went down the drain with the commercialization of Christmas, Easter, and pretty much any Christian holiday (which were all borrowed dates from other religions).

Off topic: Anyone else getting sick of seeing the end of days type programs on History Channel about 2012.. I can't wait till 2013 comes and we can all push that bullshit aside.

Around the Network

It's because Bill Gates is Satan himself, you see?

colonelstubbs said:
But...can the bible outsell wii sports!?

I think the Bible still has a couple Billion unit lead

sethnintendo said:

Oh and I thought that Christians weren't supposed to be commercialized about their religion. I guess that went down the drain with the commercialization of Christmas, Easter, and pretty much any Christian holiday (which were all borrowed dates from other religions).

Off topic: Anyone else getting sick of seeing the end of days type programs on History Channel about 2012.. I can't wait till 2013 comes and we can all push that bullshit aside.

I'm not sure who is doing this.

And if this is just a Christian store who threw in a few Bible, what's wrong with that?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
sethnintendo said:

I'm not sure who is doing this.

And if this is just a Christian store who threw in a few Bible, what's wrong with that?

It's not some Christian Store it's Polish equvalent of let's say Gamestop when it comes to game market coverage (but AFAIK gamestop doesn't have huge music, fragrance, press and books sections)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

I guess there is nothing wrong if they are giving the Bible away for free. I just try to view religion as non commercialized but I suppose that is impossible at this day in age. Attaching it to a video game system doesn't seem right to me. It isn't like anyone is going to put down the ps3 to read the Bible.