By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should I play DMC 1 2 and/or 3 before playing 4?

or can I just jump in at 4? thx

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout
Around the Network

thats what i did, nero is a new character, so you can jump right in

You should be beaten, burned to ashes then someone should throw your ashes from a plane

I bought the anniversary pack and am Playing in order. 3,1,anime,4,2.

You never HAVE to and DMC has never really had a great story. You will be a bit loss but I dont think you have too.

It's not necessary. Nero is a new character for that very reason

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Nope. The game practically invites noobs. And it's not exactly the deepest story ever.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

I advise you not to waste your time on the series find a new series to start

DMC, based on my only playing DMC 4 as a sample of what DMC is, seems like God of War, with inferior voice acting, character development, and plot. Kratos just kicks Dante or whomever this character is, into the prior week. And that would go also if I played the 360 version instead of the PS3 version (I own the PS3 version).

Well if your buying it for PS3 then it does a small series recap during the install screen

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

I got DMC4 for PC

Does DMC series blow?

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout

Play 1, skip 2, Play 3, then 4
Your liking of the series will go something like this....
3,1or4,then 2

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)