By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Who here thinks ps3 is Sonys' last videogame console?

would be interesting if Sony decides to join xbox for way better next gen console...

Sony® & Microsoft® : PlayStation360™ powered by Cell 2 with the latest GPU *sigh*

Around the Network
peshkavus said:
would be interesting if Sony decides to join xbox for way better next gen console...

Sony® & Microsoft® : PlayStation360™ powered by Cell 2 with the latest GPU *sigh*

Upping graphics...doesn't make a great console. How some are confused?...I don't know. Console innovation, with proper pricing and games sells.

well I dont know, a lot of crazy PC gamers out there who constantly upgrading and spending too much on GPUs may actually settle in on console  and jump in?

peshkavus said:

well I dont know, a lot of crazy PC gamers out there who constantly upgrading and spending too much on GPUs may actually settle in on console  and jump in?

They are one of the minority, just like hardcore gamers today. Casuals and kids are the main market today.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
peshkavus said:

They are one of the minority, just like hardcore gamers today. Casuals and kids are the main market today.

I know majority of folks out there hates sudden change specially on technologies but with the right marketing it could pull those "wii" crowds...

Around the Network
peshkavus said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
peshkavus said:

I know majority of folks out there hates sudden change specially on technologies but with the right marketing it could pull those "wii" crowds...

I doubt it highly. I'd dare say PS3 and 360 will only be able to pull the "graduating" 15-20% from the Wii kids section and some young adults. The Wii is the only system that has literally every demographic, including a 50-50 male, female ratio. The PS3 and 360 are male dominated systems, just like PC gaming.

anyone who really thinks sony is not in it to win it, and is done after the ps3 needs there head examined, sony put sega out, dam near put nintendo out, smacked the regular xbox, the ps3 is the first not to be on top, being the expensive system still did well, now with the price drop, sony will run by ms. so for all the haters, dont hold your breath, or should i say go for it,

"Sigh" typical. And for the record yes i believe you are one of the only ones who think this will be sony's last console. :)
DISCUSSED!

Proud PLAYSTATION PHAT owner

probly is their last console, if there smart and want to stop losing money.

They will most likely have a PST (PS Touch, or PSP2 w/e you want to call it).

PS4, im not so sure. Since microsoft willl release a new xbox 2012, sony would have to relaes a new playstation around that time, but then PS3 would not make them much more money