By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGchartz's Demon's Souls thread

Time to see if this thread is still alive...

I'm about 18 hours in. Royalty , soul level 32 and I've cleared about 6 bosses. (I'm taking it easy so no reason to point out to me plz).

I'm not yet sure how to develop my character and I'm still using soul arrow as my primary attack. I learnt flametoss but that seamed no more effective than soul arrow. I've focused on Magic and Intelligence, with a little Faith and Dexterity as well.

So the queries:

I am very unsure about the type of Melee weopon I should use. I'd like to have it as a competent stand-by to prevent my MP from running too low. I've upgraded to Rapier 5, so that's what I've been using.

1. Is it normal to have tons of shards and stones? Are they valuable?

2. Please suggest a type of weopon that I should use as a secondary.

3. Is it worth it to focus a little on strength in order to wield something larger if your a Mage? I've picked up the uchigatana and kris blade. They are too heavy. Obviously I need to make some decisions, but I'd like to hear what you guys suggest.

Amazing how this game can take over your life so quickly

Around the Network
Dr.Grass said:

So the queries:

I am very unsure about the type of Melee weopon I should use. I'd like to have it as a competent stand-by to prevent my MP from running too low. I've upgraded to Rapier 5, so that's what I've been using.

3. Is it worth it to focus a little on strength in order to wield something larger if your a Mage? I've picked up the uchigatana and kris blade. They are too heavy. Obviously I need to make some decisions, but I'd like to hear what you guys suggest.

I've read several random posts from random forums during my random google searches about wep stuff....

I've seen a few people say that Crescent Axes are good for the mage type because of their knockdown and low str requirement.

They sell for 10k souls at the fledgling merchant in Boletarian Palace.

Oh and keep all your stones/shards, they'll definitely be useful eventually. I think all shards are buyable from merchants, but chunks and pure stones (very very rare) definitely arn't always easy to come by. Save them and learn their use and value before deciding what you really wanna use them on.

To put it short: they're for weapon upgrades.

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link

Parasitic said:
Dr.Grass said:

So the queries:

I've read several random posts from random forums during my random google searches about wep stuff....

I've seen a few people say that Crescent Axes are good for the mage type because of their knockdown and low str requirement.

Oh and keep all your stones/shards, they'll definitely be useful eventually. I think all shards are buyable from merchants, but chunks and pure stones (very very rare) definitely arn't always easy to come by. Save them and learn their use and value before deciding what you really wanna use them on.

As far as I know he has disappeared. I'll have a look at those axes thanks :)

Just beat 5-1 now. :D

EDIT: I mean 4-1. Beat 5-1 last night.

Can somebody help me? I've got my compound long to 3 so I can go down the stick upgrade path, but it won't let me. It Just doesn't give me the option, so what should I do?

EDIT: Just got killij 6 and it won't give me the option either :(

Groundking said:

Can somebody help me? I've got my compound long to 3 so I can go down the stick upgrade path, but it won't let me. It Just doesn't give me the option, so what should I do?

EDIT: Just got killij 6 and it won't give me the option either :(

Are you using Blacksmith Boldwin (Nexus) or Blacksmith Ed (Stonefang Tunnel)? Boldwin has limited upgrades, Ed is really the guy you wanna deal with.

Around the Network
Dr.Grass said:
Parasitic said:
Dr.Grass said:

So the queries:

I think he's the 'Dregling' merchant, and he basically moves his position as you progress through world 1. It's only in 1-3 that the crescent axe becomes available for sale from him.

I played the game as a mage and used the crescent falchion for most of my first playthrough, t'was decent enough. Basically just pick some crescent weapon with low requirements if you want to focus on magic.

blunty51 said:
Dr.Grass said:
Parasitic said:
Dr.Grass said:

So the queries:

I think he's the 'Dregling' merchant, and he basically moves his position as you progress through world 1. It's only in 1-3 that the crescent axe becomes available for sale from him.

I played the game as a mage and used the crescent falchion for most of my first playthrough, t'was decent enough. Basically just pick some crescent weapon with low requirements if you want to focus on magic.

So my Rapier 5 is fine then?

Dr.Grass said:

Well...might be good in the earlier stages, but you should aim to get better, like, soon or something.

At Rapier 6 you unlock the upgrade path to crescent, but at your current stage in the game you might not be getting the required stones yet. There's a certain stage, early in it, where you can find a crescent falchion laying around. Not giving you much info there in case you think I spoil something for you..

I'm only talking about the crescent stuff cuz you say you use magic primarily, and it provides a boost to your magic stat, magic damage, and some minor MP regen (which is golden early in the game i find).

blunty51 said:
Dr.Grass said:

Well...might be good in the earlier stages, but you should aim to get better, like, soon or something.

At Rapier 6 you unlock the upgrade path to crescent, but at your current stage in the game you might not be getting the required stones yet. There's a certain stage, early in it, where you can find a crescent falchion laying around. Not giving you much info there in case you think I spoil something for you..

I'm only talking about the crescent stuff cuz you say you use magic primarily, and it provides a boost to your magic stat, magic damage, and some minor MP regen (which is golden early in the game i find).

1. I cannot imagine that I wouldn't have the stone. I have tons and tons of different stones.

2. Is there a serious advantage to using another weopon over the Rapier?

3. I'm also still using my my buckler shield LOL. So... It's at 6. Any suggestions?

''Not giving you much info there in case you think I spoil something for you..''

Don't worry! Only thing that could spoil this game for me is if I cheated to get souls

EDIT: Agree with your sig! How much are you into cricket? I just spent the equivilent of a PS3 on buying a new bat muhuhuhuhuhahahahahaha!

blunty51 said:
Dr.Grass said:

Anyone special in your sig or just random?

I guess Gooch and Garner :P